Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Huron Pro-Am September 21-22

Hello Chess Talkers!

My friend Jeremy Clark moved from Guelph to Port Elgin last year so we are trying our luck with a ProAm tournament there this fall.

The early payment deadline is August 20, so there is still time to take advantage of the early bird discount. Should be fun. I hope you can join us!

Lake Huron ProAm

September 21-22, 2019
    Saugeen Central Elementary School, Port Elgin
    5 Round Swiss

Visit https://www.lakehuronchess.com for tournament details and registration. Post here, or email any questions to info@lakehuronchess.com

2 CFC + FIDE Rated Sections: Pro, U2000,
    2 CFC Rated Sections: U1600, U1200

Round one pairings published Friday night, September 20th..

Players may play up one section if their current rating is within 100 points of rating floor. Extra cost is $20, proceeds to the Olympic Fund.

Round Times: Saturday 10:00am, 2:00pm, 6:30pm, Sunday 10:00am, 2:30pm
    Time Control: All rounds G/90 + 30 sec. Forfeit time is 30 minutes after the start of each round, except round one, which will have a 60 minute forfeit time.
    Entry Fees: Payments received on or before August 20, 2019:
    Pro Section $70, others $50.
    After August 20th, 2019: Pro Section is $80, others $60.
    On Site Late Fee: $10.00
    Single Half Point Byes: in rounds 1-4 may be requested in advance
    Prizes: $70 per Pro player returned as prizes. Trophies awarded in other sections
    Registration: Prepayment required before any pairing. Prepaid players will be paired on Friday night for round one. Whites’ clocks will start at 10am Saturday.
    For E-transfers, send to halbond@sympatico.ca
    For Paypal, the payee is chess@uoguelph.ca
    Or mail cheques payable to Hal Bond,
    57 - 12
    th Concession East, Unit 448
    Freelton, ON L8B 1C4

Equipment, snacks and refreshments provided by organizer

Hi everyone, this is Jeremy, Hal's hosting partner for this event.

Port Elgin is gorgeous in the fall, and as a summer tourist destination, has a lot of overnight accommodation options. We'll have news about a block of rooms by tomorrow. I've been working to build a chess community here in town with weekly club meetings and teaching chess at local schools. A number of our local members have registered, and more have committed to coming. We'd love to host you all here for the weekend of September 21/22 for this event!

Comment

Ive decided to play in this tournament. Looks like an interesting event.

Comment

Glad you'll be coming, Hans!

On that note, I have hotel discount details.

Port Elgin Travelodge by Wyndham
        We've reserved a block of rooms at the Travelodge here in Port Elgin, and there are two options:
        • 1 king bed, $107+tax per night
        • 2 queen beds, $117+ tax per night
        The hotel offers 20% off any meals at the attached Sunrise Cafe, which is open daily for breakfast and lunch. The hotel features an indoor pool and hot tub, free wifi, free parking, and all rooms come with a mini fridge and a microwave.

The hotel is a 2-minute drive (1.2 km) from the venue.

Call 519-832-2021 and tell them you're interested in booking a room for the chess tournament. The deadline for the discounted rate is September 6!

As a summer tourist destination, there are other hotels and motels in town, and a number of airbnb and cottage rental options. Feel free to contact me at info@lakehuronchess.com if you want some help exploring other accommodation options.

Comment

Working...
        X