NAYCC already rated by the CFC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAYCC already rated by the CFC!

CFC Executive Director, Bob Gillanders has done an exceptional job!

A big thank-you Bob!

You can find the rated crosstables at:

https://chess.ca/crosstable

When I accessed this site, NORTON gave me a message that said, "NORTON blocked an attack by: Web Attack: Fake Browser Update 8"

Comment

The CFC has been struggling with this issue for a while now. I don't get that message with what I am using.

Comment

Using Marie Guan's account while my own account cannot reply (Eric Guan)....

Very thanks for CMA organizaing this very successful tournament, just want to point out, the U8G section, https://chess.ca/crosstable?tourname...043&key=190823

There is one US player She has USCF rating, which is 695 according to the link http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?16325318

Should this be fixed? This will impact the rating for players who against her

Comment

Originally posted by Ken MacDonald View Post
          When I accessed this site, NORTON gave me a message that said, "NORTON blocked an attack by: Web Attack: Fake Browser Update 8"
          Ken. We have been working on this for some time and have taken some steps, but obviously there are browser / security software combinations that are still having issues.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Marie Guan View Post
            Using Marie Guan's account while my own account cannot reply (Eric Guan)....

Very thanks for CMA organizaing this very successful tournament, just want to point out, the U8G section, https://chess.ca/crosstable?tourname...043&key=190823

There is one US player She has USCF rating, which is 695 according to the link http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?16325318

Should this be fixed? This will impact the rating for players who against her
            I would say this would be a very minor issue, considering her final rating achieved (582).

In these kind of tournaments the organizers have a lot of work to do to get accurate ratings for foreign players to send to the CFC.

According to CFC rules
            1) Foreign ratings are taken at par, but the organizer has to find them.
            2) Foreign players with a "current" CFC rating (having played within a year) use their CFC ratings
            3) Foreign players with an "old" CFC rating use their foreign rating ...... but I think these have to be itemized and sent to Bob in an e-mail for him to "fix" prior to rating the event.

Comment

This tournament can be a nightmare. If I were putting it on again, I would simply use FIDE ratings for pairings. Bob faced a nightmare trying to rate this just as he was trying to get our financial statements finalized.
              Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Sunday, 25th August, 2019, 09:44 PM. Reason: clarification of meaning

Comment

Agree, I called Larry and I do understand the pain we got so many different rating system... and hard to expect no mistake when things has to be done manually.

Comment

The NAYCC has been rated by FIDE!

https://ratings.fide.com/tournament_...iod=2019-09-01
                  Last edited by Larry Bevand; Sunday, 1st September, 2019, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Hi Larry,

Job well done in organizing 2019 NAYCC. A quick questions: will this event also be rated by USCF?

Comment

Probably unrelated to NAYCC but ratings related - could someone please explain those two ratings adjustments. Thank you.

https://chess.ca/crosstable?tourname...014&key=190905

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Starks View Post
                        Probably unrelated to NAYCC but ratings related - could someone please explain those two ratings adjustments. Thank you.

https://chess.ca/crosstable?tourname...014&key=190905
                        436. Non-CFC Ratings. If a new player has an FQE, USCF or FIDE rating, the rating system in which the player has played the most recent games will be used to determine their first CFC rating. If a player is inactive in CFC events for a year but has a significant change in their FQE, USCF or FIDE rating, their CFC rating will be adjusted accordingly.

A Canadian may have an FQE, USCF or FIDE rated tournament count for their CFC rating by sending a notice and a $25 payment to the CFC office at least one month before the tournament.

--

I assume this player registered a FIDE or USCF tournament that he wanted registered, and this adjustment is the result. I'll guess you need a minimum of two players in an event for the adjustment to be recorded, so the Bob Gillanders entry is simply a default for a "null" second player.

Comment

In regard to the USCF rating the event, I wouldn't think so. Just like the CFC doesn't rate the event except when it's held in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post

436. Non-CFC Ratings. If a new player has an FQE, USCF or FIDE rating, the rating system in which the player has played the most recent games will be used to determine their first CFC rating. If a player is inactive in CFC events for a year but has a significant change in their FQE, USCF or FIDE rating, their CFC rating will be adjusted accordingly.

A Canadian may have an FQE, USCF or FIDE rated tournament count for their CFC rating by sending a notice and a $25 payment to the CFC office at least one month before the tournament.

--

I assume this player registered a FIDE or USCF tournament that he wanted registered, and this adjustment is the result. I'll guess you need a minimum of two players in an event for the adjustment to be recorded, so the Bob Gillanders entry is simply a default for a "null" second player.
                            In this particular case I don't understand the reason for the adjustment. Player's rating (1884) perfectly reflected his performance, the player was very active. I believe that CFC should use this tool (adjustment) more carefully. As I always do, I ask CFC to follow it's own rules.
                            Last edited by Victor Plotkin; Monday, 9th September, 2019, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Plotkin View Post

In this particular case I don't understand the reason for the adjustment. Player's rating (1884) perfectly reflected his performance, the player was very active. I believe that CFC should use this tool (adjustment) more carefully. As I always do, I ask CFC to follow it's own rules.

Victor. I assume this is the clause that was followed by Bob

"A Canadian may have an FQE, USCF or FIDE rated tournament count for their CFC rating by sending a notice and a $25 payment to the CFC office at least one month before the tournament."

There would be no other reason for an adjustment of a Canadian player.

Comment

Working...
                              X