Montreal vs Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Montreal vs Toronto

Just had the Full,All Day breakfast for under $5-it was awesome!!!! No,I do not have a monetary interest in Rosies Kitchen as I have been asked.....

Comment

Hi John:

Is the parking still a bit difficult in that area where Rosie's is ( near Manor Rd. )?

Think I'll try it tomorrow AM.

Bob

Comment

Good question! .You should be ok on Donegall-1 block east of Bayview for a couple hours or on Bayview with machine parking.Two blocks east -Fleming Cres.-is also good.If you want to purchase a house from me tomorrow,I can provide free parking at my office at Parkhurst plus a free breakfast!!!! Great deal eh? Enjoy......

Comment

Went to Rosie's Kitchen this morning to try it out. Next block down from where Vlad Dobrich's Bayview Games Club used to be. Had 2 eggs, 3 sausages, 2 pieces of toast and coffee for $ 4.99 ( not including tax and tip ) - good food, pleasant staff, morning paper to read. We frugal ( not cheap !! ) chess players love places like this.

Bob

Comment

The coolest thing about Montreal (besides the ladies) is that the subway has RUBBER TIRES. Now how cool is that?

But as far as cost of living goes, it is also my understanding that Montreal is a cheaper place to live. Rent is slightly cheaper and other expenses as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
              Went to Rosie's Kitchen this morning to try it out. Next block down from where Vlad Dobrich's Bayview Games Club used to be. Had 2 eggs, 3 sausages, 2 pieces of toast and coffee for $ 4.99 ( not including tax and tip ) - good food, pleasant staff, morning paper to read. We frugal ( not cheap !! ) chess players love places like this.

Bob
              Sounds awesome...I have been there for other meals...always closed when I walked by for breakfast...what time does it open in the morning?

Comment

Hi Larry:

Sorry but don't know the answer to that - but they seem to have lots of regular breakfast customers from the kind of commenting to the staff I heard as people came in.

Bob

Comment

7:00 am opens.

The coolest thing about Montreal is my passion-Formula 1 Racing!!! Back in 2010-great news!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by John Henry View Post
                    7:00 am opens.

The coolest thing about Montreal is my passion-Formula 1 Racing!!! Back in 2010-great news!!!!!
                    Hi John,

Thanks for the tip...sheesh 7 am is very do-able for me...next time for sure! You and your wife are welcome to stay at my place for the 2010 Formula 1 race in Montreal!

Larry

Comment

Rosie's Kitchen has been around forever. I remember in 1995 when I worked for Larry I had breakfast (definitely at least coffee) almost every day. Great prices and great atmosphere with a lot of interesting characters.

Comment

Thanks Larry,appreciate the invite,I will let you know closer to the event!!!

Characters at Rosies? I guess,the patio has a few but inside is more sedate!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X