Guelph Summer Pro-Am June 13-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guelph Summer Pro-Am June 13-14

Hello Chess Talkers - confirmation has come in at last for our next Pro-Am in Guelph. We are back in Peter Clark Hall, just like the past several renditions. I will get the details posted asap.

Hi Hal,

Are the dates confirmed. I see the dates conflict with another tournament - 2020 GOLDEN HORSESHOE CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek Srinivas View Post
      Hi Hal,

Are the dates confirmed. I see the dates conflict with another tournament - 2020 GOLDEN HORSESHOE CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP
      Just two, if you look at March 14-15, there are three :-D
      Seneca Toronto Junior
      KW regular
      Etobicoke Spring

April 18-19 is also a busy weekend, two regular and three rapid

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek Srinivas View Post
        Hi Hal,

it happens, Peter clark hall is always very busy so when we can get in we take what we can get, conflicts are always unfortunate but with so many new tournaments being created its bound to happen. because of the former id assume the dates are confirmed

Comment

Hi Hal,

Despite the scheduling conflict with Elevate My Chess and their tournament on June 13th-14th, you can almost guarantee my entry at the Guelph Summer Pro-Am. $99 for an "early bird" entry fee is absurd, and that's if you can pay before April 20th! Thank you for doing what you do.

Kind regards,

Cameron Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Guo View Post

Just two, if you look at March 14-15, there are three :-D
            Seneca Toronto Junior
            KW regular
            Etobicoke Spring

April 18-19 is also a busy weekend, two regular and three rapid
            hey grey is there a ChessTalk post for the kw regular?

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Herbert View Post
              $99 for an "early bird" entry fee is absurd,
              Notice the pattern: Organizers who pay little or nothing for their venue charge less for entry fees (Guelph, Hart House). Organizers who rent an expensive ballroom (plus a skittles/parents room) in a hotel for 2 or 3 days charge more (ElevateMyChess).

Comment

Originally posted by Henri Hughes View Post

hey grey is there a ChessTalk post for the kw regular?
                I do not think so, you can check KW chess Club website or chess.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Don Parakin View Post

Notice the pattern: Organizers who pay little or nothing for their venue charge less for entry fees (Guelph, Hart House). Organizers who rent an expensive ballroom (plus a skittles/parents room) in a hotel for 2 or 3 days charge more (ElevateMyChess).
                  I think ElevateMyChess should join the list of organizers who are actively using and looking for more affordable venues. It's hard to grow chess if some tournaments price people out of playing it. Although, a point could be made that as long as ElevateMyChess has players that attend these tournaments, they will continue to host them. Oh well, maybe I'm just being cynical...

Comment

Hi Hal (and Henry!),

I look to be free that weekend and am looking forward to coming down. A few of our local club guys in Port Elgin are also hoping to play.

Jeremy Clark

Comment

Originally posted by Ffen Liv View Post
                      Hi Hal (and Henry!),

I look to be free that weekend and am looking forward to coming down. A few of our local club guys in Port Elgin are also hoping to play.

Jeremy Clark
                      awesome! be good to see you there been playing much up in port Elgin?

Comment

Working...
                      X