Creation of an online slow LIVE chess league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone,

This is an important message for anyone wishing to play slow LIVE chess games during the COVID-19 period, and even beyond. Chess Ovation is founding a slow LIVE chess league with games at 45|mate + 45sec and 90|mate + 30sec. Round 1 of the very first tournament will take place Sunday, March 22 @ 00:00EDT - saturday, March 28 @ 23:59EDT. More details in the thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How will you prevent cheating?

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvain Courtemanche View Post
      You too are showing your true colors, not only me.

You admit that I am correct about your true colours. You are more of a man than Larry Bevand at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post

You admit that I am correct about your true colours. You are more of a man than Larry Bevand at least.
        Oooh I bet that made you feel important!
        Fred Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
          Hello everyone,

This is an important message for anyone wishing to play slow LIVE chess games during the COVID-19 period, and even beyond. Chess Ovation is founding a slow LIVE chess league with games at 45|mate + 45sec and 90|mate + 30sec. Round 1 of the very first tournament will take place Sunday, March 22 @ 00:00EDT - saturday, March 28 @ 23:59EDT. More details in the thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How will you prevent cheating?
          This is the critical question. We do not pretend to have all the answers, but I think the that we are adressing the issue in an interesting way.
          1. Already, two NM have signed up for our next slow live tournament on Chess.com and we expect to have at least another one. They have been offered a free registration in exchange for their policing the games.
          2. The Fédération québécoise des échecs (FQE) is going to build up a special rating related to the slow games on the internet. We will start up with the regular slow game ratings from FQE to make the pairings and eventually, the two slow chess ratings, the physical and the virtual one, will appear side by side. The players then will always have the option (as we will have) to look at some disparity between the two values. You can probably already imagine how delicate it would be for a cheater to show up at a physical chess event with everyone aware that something is wrong with his / her internet rating. We will try to get the same with FCE but if not possible, then we will post the rating values ourselves, inside the «Chess Ovation» group on Chess.com.
          3. There is some fees to play in our slow LIVE game tournaments. The cost to join Chess Ovation is 10$ annual, + 28$ for each tournament. Being caught cheating will inevitably result in the player to manned with no reimbursement.
          4. We cannot tell everything here. We may have other tools in our sleeves.
          Please note that our next slow LIVE tourney on Chess.com will begin on Monday, March 30 @ 00:00 ET.
          Last edited by Sylvain Courtemanche; Wednesday, 25th March, 2020, 01:06 AM.

Comment

I am translating our Negotiation Protocol in english in order to create a more friendly user environment to our chess friends from coast to coast. We have 14 players at the moment or writing, all from Quebec. And we have 2 Masters. We hope to hit the 20s. That's a good start and you too can be part of this!

Please send your information request at this address so that I can answer more rapidly: ovationechiqueenne@gmail.com.
            Last edited by Sylvain Courtemanche; Wednesday, 25th March, 2020, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post

- doesn't this imply the online live games will be rated by the FQE? More details would be useful for sure...
              The FQE is going to set up a rating system for slow live online games to be displayed just beside the slow physical games. At first we will use the slow physical game ratings for the pairings, then eventually we will use the slow live online games.

One of the avantages of a special rating at FQE is obvious. We will have another tool when comes the time to determine the likeless of cheating. Not only will we have titled players for game analysis, but also we will have the extra possibilty to look at a possible disparity between the 2 values. The same thing will be done with FCE except that we have not submitted the idea to them yet. But even if they would not accept, we would create a value for the FCE players with no rating at the FQE and display it inside the «Chess Ovation» club, on Chess.com.

Comment

Working...
              X