COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post


    Here's the first version 'un-lit candle wick' proportional study of my homage (1 of 4) to our COVID fallen chess players...

    chesscandleguard_v.01.gif

    ... :)

    More coming Sunday-ish.



    .
    Here's the second version (2 of 4) bringing the pawns into a more 'protective' position...

    chesscandleguard_v.02.gif



    Couple more to come ... :)!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
      ISOLANI tees are back and they're going fast :) As of this aft, a few white tees in sizes XL, L & M.


      ISOLANI_freshtee_wht.gif


      ISOLANI_logo_bw.gif




      Want one? Hit us up ... merch@societyofchessaficionados.com ... absolutely free & free shipping anywhere in Canada :)

      Much thanks IM Tom O'Donnell, saucey sauce!


      peace,
      n.






      .

      WOW! Thanks so much to all those who reached out !!

      We'll re-order some more white Isolani tees in all sizes next month :)

      peace,
      n.

      Comment


      • Ten years ago, unionists stormed the Wisconsin State Capitol, located in Madison. They wanted to stop a vote on collective bargaining reform. Thousands of demonstrators poured in by breaking down doors and crawling in through windows.

        They were looking for Republican lawmakers. Many of the Republicans were guided by police into a tunnel which would safely move them across the street. A Democratic lawmaker alerted the mob and they met the Republicans and the police as they came through the tunnel.

        Nancy Pelosi praised the occupiers for an “impressive show of democracy in action” and tweeted she stands in solidarity with the mob. Another mantra from the “protesters” was, “Don’t retreat, reload.”

        -----------------------------------------

        So, all you hypocrites ... lets recap shall we???

        Nancy Pelosi ... Our election was hijacked. There is no question. ... 2017

        Nancy Pelosi ... “I just don’t know why there aren’t uprisings all over the country, and maybe there will be.” ... 2018

        Nancy Pelosi ... Praised the occupiers who stormed the Wisconsin State Capitol for an “impressive show of democracy in action” and tweeted she stands in solidarity with the mob. ... 2011


        Ha Ha Ha!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
          Ten years ago, unionists stormed the Wisconsin State Capitol, located in Madison. They wanted to stop a vote on collective bargaining reform. Thousands of demonstrators poured in by breaking down doors and crawling in through windows.

          They were looking for Republican lawmakers. Many of the Republicans were guided by police into a tunnel which would safely move them across the street. A Democratic lawmaker alerted the mob and they met the Republicans and the police as they came through the tunnel.

          Nancy Pelosi praised the occupiers for an “impressive show of democracy in action” and tweeted she stands in solidarity with the mob. Another mantra from the “protesters” was, “Don’t retreat, reload.”

          -----------------------------------------

          So, all you hypocrites ... lets recap shall we???

          Nancy Pelosi ... Our election was hijacked. There is no question. ... 2017

          Nancy Pelosi ... “I just don’t know why there aren’t uprisings all over the country, and maybe there will be.” ... 2018

          Nancy Pelosi ... Praised the occupiers who stormed the Wisconsin State Capitol for an “impressive show of democracy in action” and tweeted she stands in solidarity with the mob. ... 2011


          Ha Ha Ha!
          Nancy Pelosi was correct: there's overwhelming evidence that there was foreign interference in the 2016 election. Virtually every intelligence agency has already confirmed this, and Trump literally went on national television and told Russia to find information on his opponent. Incidentally, Hillary conceded the day after the election and said that "we must accept this result."

          I can't find any mention of even a single injury occurring at the 2011 Wisconsin protests. Meanwhile, a cop was beaten to death by the American flag in Washington, and 4 rioters were killed.

          The arrests in Wisconsin were mostly for nonviolently refusing to leave. In Washington, they found molotov cocktails, pipe bombs, guns, and people carrying zip ties into the Capitol chambers.

          In Wisconsin, the focus was on the bill itself. In Washington, rioters erected a gallows with a noose, wanted to kill Mike Pence, and kill or kidnap other politicians.

          In Wisconsin, the protests started organically to protest a bill. In Washington, Trump had spent the past 2 months telling his supporters that the election was stolen and that the country would be destroyed, and then held a rally near the Capitol where he spurred on his base with more of these claims and then told them to go to the Capitol.

          In Wisconsin, the protests were because people had legitimate concerns about a bill. In Washington, the protests were because of baseless conspiracy theories peddled by Trump and other Republicans.

          This comparison is absurd. But since you love Pelosi so much, you can read her statement from the day after the 2016 election:

          “The peaceful transfer of power is the cornerstone of our democracy. After an election in which Donald Trump won the electoral college and Hillary Clinton won the popular vote, we have a responsibility to come together and find common ground. Only by recognizing and respecting the important contributions that all Americans make to our country’s success can we build an inclusive and stronger future for America.

          “Millions of people are proud of the candidacy and leadership of Hillary Clinton. We are inspired by her, thank her and know that she will continue to be a magnificent force for good in our country.

          “As President-elect Trump indicated last night, investing in infrastructure is an important priority of his. We can work together to quickly pass a robust infrastructure jobs bill. Our first responsibility is to protect and defend the American people; we must do so in a manner that is strong and smart, and that honors the sacrifices of our men and women in uniform.

          “I congratulate President-elect Trump and his family, and pray for his success.”

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post

            Nancy Pelosi was correct: there's overwhelming evidence that there was foreign interference in the 2016 election. Virtually every intelligence agency has already confirmed this, and Trump literally went on national television and told Russia to find information on his opponent. Incidentally, Hillary conceded the day after the election and said that "we must accept this result."

            I can't find any mention of even a single injury occurring at the 2011 Wisconsin protests. Meanwhile, a cop was beaten to death by the American flag in Washington, and 4 rioters were killed.

            The arrests in Wisconsin were mostly for nonviolently refusing to leave. In Washington, they found molotov cocktails, pipe bombs, guns, and people carrying zip ties into the Capitol chambers.

            In Wisconsin, the focus was on the bill itself. In Washington, rioters erected a gallows with a noose, wanted to kill Mike Pence, and kill or kidnap other politicians.

            In Wisconsin, the protests started organically to protest a bill. In Washington, Trump had spent the past 2 months telling his supporters that the election was stolen and that the country would be destroyed, and then held a rally near the Capitol where he spurred on his base with more of these claims and then told them to go to the Capitol.

            In Wisconsin, the protests were because people had legitimate concerns about a bill. In Washington, the protests were because of baseless conspiracy theories peddled by Trump and other Republicans.

            This comparison is absurd. But since you love Pelosi so much, you can read her statement from the day after the 2016 election:
            Thanks Lucas, saved me a lotta fact-checking time, much appreciated!

            Comment


            • The world has reached 100 million cases.

              Comment


              • Article for anyone who says that COVID-19 hasn't increased the death rate in the United States.

                https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...19/4141839001/

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post

                  Nancy Pelosi was correct: there's overwhelming evidence that there was foreign interference in the 2016 election. Virtually every intelligence agency has already confirmed this,

                  Wasn't hijacked by Trump ... Mueller Report ... but she made sure Trump was the target, didn't she. Again, Mueller Report.


                  Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post

                  Meanwhile, a cop was beaten to death by the American flag in Washington, and 4 rioters were killed.
                  WTF? And Marghetis praises you for saving 'lotta fact-checking time' ... seriously??? That particular Metropolitan Policeman is still alive.

                  Stager (the assailant) faces a charge of obstructing, impeding, or interfering with a law enforcement officer lawfully engaged in the performance of his duties during the commission of a civil disorder.

                  Sorry Lucas, but you're going to have to try 'a lotta' harder.

                  No murder via American Flag ... LOOL!


                  Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post

                  The arrests in Wisconsin were mostly for nonviolently refusing to leave.

                  Arrests for bomb threats, death threats, and yes bullets were found scattered around the Wisconsin State Capitol.

                  But I have to say, those zip ties still bother me.
                  I would lock every single one of those people up for no less than twenty five years.


                  Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post

                  In Wisconsin, the protests were because people had legitimate concerns about a bill. In Washington, the protests were because of baseless conspiracy theories peddled by Trump and other Republicans.

                  Both Capitol occupations / sieges were all about stopping a vote ... period.


                  Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post

                  This comparison is absurd.
                  speechrip.gif

                  Yeppers, there's your kumbaya right there ... ha!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post


                    Wasn't hijacked by Trump ... Mueller Report ... but she made sure Trump was the target, didn't she. Again, Mueller Report.

                    She didn't say in your quote that it was hijacked by Trump, and Rod Rosenstein was the one who created the Mueller investigation: "The Mueller investigation was created by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. Respected former FBI director Mueller was chosen to lead it due to a shortage of senate-confirmed U.S. attorneys. The dismissal of James Comey was a factor in the decision to use a Special Counsel. The Mueller investigation took over the FBI's investigation, which the FBI had named Operation Crossfire Hurricane."

                    And, once again: Hillary conceded the day after the election. Pelosi recognized Trump as president-elect the day after the election. Trump spent two months after the election (not to mention months beforehand) spreading conspiracy theories about how it was rigged and there was massive election fraud and the Democrats stole the election.


                    WTF? And Marghetis praises you for saving 'lotta fact-checking time' ... seriously??? That particular Metropolitan Policeman is still alive.

                    Stager (the assailant) faces a charge of obstructing, impeding, or interfering with a law enforcement officer lawfully engaged in the performance of his duties during the commission of a civil disorder.

                    Sorry Lucas, but you're going to have to try 'a lotta' harder.

                    No murder via American Flag ... LOOL!
                    Okay, one cop was beaten to death, and another was beaten with an American flag. That's actually worse.


                    Arrests for bomb threats, death threats, and yes bullets were found scattered around the Wisconsin State Capitol.

                    But I have to say, those zip ties still bother me.
                    I would lock every single one of those people up for no less than twenty five years.
                    This is the only thing that I can find on a bomb threat: https://madison.com/ct/news/local/cr...cc4c002e0.html

                    One woman made a bomb threat, but there don't seem to have actually been any bombs. Again, I can't find any mention of even a single injury at the Wisconsin protests, and these protests lasted for months. The Washington riot was one day, and 5 people were killed.


                    Both Capitol occupations / sieges were all about stopping a vote ... period.
                    One was a peaceful protest based on legitimate concerns about a bill. The other was a violent attempt at a coup based on conspiracy theories spread by the president. I don't know in what world these are the same beyond the most vague and superficial comparisons.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post

                      ... a coup based on conspiracy theories spread by the president.
                      LOOL! And you can't prove that one either.

                      Please stop.



                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

                        LOOL! And you can't prove that one either.

                        Please stop.
                        A group of people trying to use violence to illegally overturn the results of an election. If only there were a word for that...

                        coup
                        noun
                        1. 1.
                          a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post

                          A group of people trying to use violence to illegally overturn the results of an election. If only there were a word for that...
                          Correct. Coup, insurrection, riot, whatever you want to call it. Bad, really bad.
                          Trump is responsible, so let the impeachment trial begin. We are all running out of good Netflix material.

                          And I echo Aris's sentiment, thanks Lucas for all the fact checking.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Garland Best View Post
                            Article for anyone who says that COVID-19 hasn't increased the death rate in the United States.

                            https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...19/4141839001/
                            Dear Garland,
                            No doubt, given your background you are very familiar with the concept of "cause and effect". COVID-19 did not increase the death rate in the United States,
                            The politicization of medicine, particularly, early intervention therapies did. This important paper demonstrates the large impact of a public health pivot to early treatment for C19. The figures speak volumes on what can be achieved with an evidence-based and effective public health response to the pandemic.

                            From Professor David Scheim, PhD, (former NIH scientific leader):

                            "The capsule summary below highlights the true significance of this analysis. It’s not about IVM treatment in one country – it’s about such largely autonomous treatments in 25 states of Peru, equivalent to separate treatments in e.g. several European nations. Hopefully this can be a piece of very hard data in the mix of worldwide such results."

                            https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3765018

                            Comment


                            • Great Britain 100,000+ deaths

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
                                COVID-19 did not increase the death rate in the United States, The politicization of medicine, particularly, early intervention therapies did.
                                I hope what you are saying is that those lives would not have been lost if people had taken correct actions to prevent and treat the disease COVID-19. Please confirm this. You have provided links in the past to lectures where the lecturer claimed that there had not been an increase in excess deaths from COVID-19. The evidence says otherwise. Please confirm that you agree that the increase in the overall death rate in the United States in 2020 is real.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X