COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

So here's one of my all time favorite artist ...Jay Kay...of...Jamiroquai... doing what he can in these challenging times, ha!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-PseM6plBe/

Me? I beavering away on The Chess Beast ... our final(-ish) attempt at a killer chess site :)))))

You?

Be safe!

peace.
    n.

I cope by listening to a lot of music. I find the band Deicide to be especially poignant at this time. I am also getting into the symphonies of Penderecki. Then of course the usual suspects such as the Allmans, Skynyrd, Motorhead, The Beatles, Pantera...

Comment

https://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1227692 I enjoy just playing games over like this. You can have fun just counting the sacrifices (lovely way to give the knights!) Just remember he was a kid!

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
        https://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1227692 I enjoy just playing games over like this. You can have fun just counting the sacrifices (lovely way to give the knights!) Just remember he was a kid!
        thanks, that was cool

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
          I cope by listening to a lot of music. I find the band Deicide to be especially poignant at this time. I am also getting into the symphonies of Penderecki. Then of course the usual suspects such as the Allmans, Skynyrd, Motorhead, The Beatles, Pantera...
          WAT??? No Dwight Yoakam ...pfffft.

R.I.P. Lemmy ...sigh.

Paul Morphy >>> GOAT !!!

:))))

Comment

Just learnt that beer can last up to 2 years in the frig ... !!!

OH

MY

GAWD

I need another frig :))))

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
              R.I.P. Lemmy ...sigh.
              Thou shalt not take the Lord's name in vain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1grhmdzoHrw

Comment

Y'all may have the blues at a time like this, but that is no reason not to play them.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWy3Q30Cn2A

Comment

The States (9 deaths per million) just passed Iran (33 deaths per million) in total number of deaths. And it looks like they'll also pass France (46 deaths per million) by our sundown tonight.

Comment

The U.S. now has 50% more cases than Italy and the U.S. numbers are rising...
                    Perhaps it is (as Trump claims) because the US is doing a huge amount of testing.
                    I am no fan of Trump (FAR from it actually) but regardless, the number of cases is rising as one might predict
                    considering the lack of preparedness of the US and soon they will be overrun [my opinion].

They will need a big helping of luck.
                    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                      The U.S. now has 50% more cases than Italy and the U.S. numbers are rising...
                      Perhaps it is (as Trump claims) because the US is doing a huge amount of testing.
                      I am no fan of Trump (FAR from it actually) but regardless, the number of cases is rising as one might predict
                      considering the lack of preparedness of the US and soon they will be overrun [my opinion].

They will need a big helping of luck.
                      I'm not sure what you are saying? Is the USA worse off than Italy? Is that it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken MacDonald View Post

I'm not sure what you are saying? Is the USA worse off than Italy? Is that it?
                        Yes. I believe they are in far worse danger than any other country.
                        Their health care system is not equipped to handle that kind of case load (indeed, few places are able to handle this).
                        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Fortunately, with all this self-isolation/clampdown/working-from-home going on everywhere ...there will be a baby boom sometime in late 2020 - early 2021 :))))

HA!

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post

Yes. I believe they are in far worse danger than any other country.
                            Their health care system is not equipped to handle that kind of case load (indeed, few places are able to handle this).
                            I agree with Kerry. The USA health care system will soon be overwhelmed. It is starting now, first in New York City where they won't see the peak until 2 weeks. So it is getting very ugly very fast. But it will spread to other major cities in USA as well.

Their pain and suffering will easily eclipse that seen in Italy and China.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
                              Fortunately, with all this self-isolation/clampdown/working-from-home going on everywhere ...there will be a baby boom sometime in late 2020 - early 2021 :))))

HA!
                              I suspect the divorce lawyers will be busy too.

Comment

Working...
                              X