New tournaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tournaments

How long will it be before chess tournaments are being played over the board again? I'd like to play, and online just isn't the same.

Until there is a vaccine widely distributed plus a few months. That is to say, at least a year, more likely two.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Patterson View Post
      Until there is a vaccine widely distributed plus a few months. That is to say, at least a year, more likely two.
      Since no one knows when a vaccine may be widely available, let's just say Vday + a several months for general distribution and availability ....

I don't think the local club will re-open until the schools are properly back in,
      and here in Ontario that looks like September 2020 at the absolute earliest but more likely January 2021 from where I sit...
      ( I think there is a major announcement tomorrow here in Ontario about the fate of the school year. My guess is as above. )
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

https://en.chessbase.com/post/long-distance-chess Here's your answer Brian. Now all you have to do is find somebody to organize (and play).

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
          https://en.chessbase.com/post/long-distance-chess Here's your answer Brian. Now all you have to do is find somebody to organize (and play).
          Here we're suggested to keep 2 m (~6 ft) distance. Though, the play could be adjusted that only one player sits at the board, while other takes a stroll around. Would make blitz impossible (probably) but a slow rate game should be feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post

Here we're suggested to keep 2 m (~6 ft) distance. Though, the play could be adjusted that only one player sits at the board, while other takes a stroll around. Would make blitz impossible (probably) but a slow rate game should be feasible.
            But most players also analyze when it's the other player's turn.

Comment

How about everyone has his own board, and write it the move somewhere to let the opponent know

Comment

Working...
              X