2020 eoca agm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

Iceman ... organized chess in Canada has very little to do with your beloved & outdated CFC. And BTW, thanks so much for keeping my National Capital Open going ... <3!

OK, back on track ...

One natural fit for the EOCA ... reach out to our Military bases. But before you kiddies go and do that ...have a game plan on how to coordinate these amazing folks.

Here's a fresh map...

https://societyofchessaficionados.co...-FactorMBs.jpg

...look how much more territory and natural resources the EOCA has developed !!!

Form some sort of inter-military base chess championship ... if we like that formation SoCA will be honored to contribute $500.00, plus the trophy.

It's time for growth Iceman.

:))))
    Right Ideaman.

We love the "if we like" condition! Wanna work on it? (dunno about piggybacking on what's ALREADY) - people wanting to DO are always welcome. We already have enough workless ideas lol.

And COME ON MAN, don't disrespect the likes of Halldor, who has kept Eastern Ontario humming for years, with, wait for it, actual dedicated work. No one compares to him. Shame on you!
    Last edited by Aris Marghetis; Sunday, 31st May, 2020, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

Right Idea man.

We love the "if we like" condition! Wanna work on it? (dunno about piggybacking on what's ALREADY) - people wanting to DO are always welcome. We already have enough workless ideas lol.

And COME ON MAN, don't disrespect the likes of Halldor, who has kept Eastern Ontario humming for years, with, wait for it, actual dedicated work. No one compares to him. Shame on you!
      Thanks!

Here's a good one for you Aris ... imagine this ... no more Halldor(s) ... none.

That's why, as President of the EOCA, I brought in the TD/Org remuneration. Pay folks for their valuable time & effort ... eliminate a structural weakness. Simple 5ive dollars (+) per registration goes to the TD/Org.

Encourage people to step up and TD/Org a chess tournament.

Remember that?

Ya, I thought as much you do ...sigh.

And FYI, I'll always split beer & wings with the Iceman and crush his version of the French Defence... always. But let's be clear. Organized chess here in Canada should no longer be reliant on the 'volunteer' :))))

K?

So how are you spending all this down time?

Reaching out and growing the EOCA beyond Ottawa and it's few satellites?

Get the picture?

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Friday, 5th June, 2020, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

Thanks!

Here's a good one for you Aris ... imagine this ... no more Halldor(s) ... none.

That's why, as President of the EOCA, I brought in the TD/Org remuneration. Pay folks for their valuable time & effort ... eliminate a structural weakness. Simple 5ive dollars (+) per registration goes to the TD/Org.

Encourage people to step up and TD/Org a chess tournament.

Remember that?

Ya, I thought as much you do ...sigh.

And FYI, I'll always split beer & wings with the Iceman and crush his version of the French Defence... always. But let's be clear. Organized chess here in Canada should no longer be reliant on the 'volunteer' :))))

K?

So how are you spending all this down time?

Reaching out and growing the EOCA beyond Ottawa and it's few satellites?

Get the picture?

Thank you for your ideas. I still don't care for your disrespecting the likes of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
          URGENT OFFER:

The EOCA has been informed that we have been increased this year from 3 Governors to 4.
          If you are interested, please email arismarghetis at rogers dot com, and please do so ASAP.
          The current EOCA Executive will be appointing our fourth Governor by this Sunday, May 31st.
          Please note there are no heavy responsibilities, but your voice can be heard on chess issues!

Thank you, best regards, Aris Marghetis, EOCA President.
          The EOCA Executive is pleased to announce our fourth Governor: Jose Fernandez-Triana

Jose is very passionate about helping Canadian online chess grow for the benefit of the EOCA, the OCA, and the CFC.

I remember years ago playing in Sunday evening 20-minute tournaments on ICC that were rated CFC Active, just loved them!

Best regards, Aris Marghetis, EOCA President.

Comment

Working...
          X