• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlsen has a new coach!

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=5742

Very interesting article :)

Re: Carlsen has a new coach!

It looks that's been for two sessions so far only.
    :)

Comment

Re : Carlsen has a new coach!

Yeah but one of those sessions lasts 14 days :D

I imagine that Kasparov is giving lessons to Carlsen on internet too.

It is estimated that Kasparov earned over 30 million US$ or 23 million Euros during his chess career, and has a staff of twenty people working for him, including chauffeurs, bodyguards and cooks. After retiring, he has written several books on chess and become involved in politics. But it is not money that runs Kasparov. "He is training just one person in the world, and it is Carlsen, because he believes Carlsen is the player with the most talent out there," says Espen Agdestein, who helped find the first sponsor for 13-year-old Carlsen.
      Who said that chess doesn't pay well? :D It's nothing comparatively to a professional golf player, but 30 million is still a lot of money :)

Comment

I'm wondering if Carlsen's father can affort to hire such a briliant and .... expensive coach/trainer? Probably ... he can as it seems to be visible.

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar Posylek View Post
          I'm wondering if Carlsen's father can affort to hire such a briliant and .... expensive coach/trainer? Probably ... he can as it seems to be visible.
          I imagine Magnus Carlsen can afford that himself... I would think that Magnus earns far more than his father at this point, wouldn't you think?

Perhaps Magnus' father is more or less retired - simply traveling with his son to provide some father-son time and support him when he is away from home?
          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

This is great for Magnus... It should really help him with that extra push to get him to the top. Magnus Carlsen is probably the #1 reason why I started playing chess. I read about him when he was 13/14 and I decided to pick up chessmaster... I have been following this amazing player for years now and I am positive that he will become world champion.

Could this also be a sign of the return of Kasparov to competitive chess? :)

Comment

Working...
            X