Question: auto signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: auto signature

Does anyone know how to change auto signature?
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
    Does anyone know how to change auto signature?
    Is that here, or for some specific email platform?

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

Is that here, or for some specific email platform?
      Hi Aris. I'm referring to the quotes at the bottom of my post. Maybe I'm using the wrong term. Would 'footer' be correct?
      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Hi Aris. I'm referring to the quotes at the bottom of my post. Maybe I'm using the wrong term. Would 'footer' be correct?
        Peter,

Click on your picture+name in the top right of this page and select "User settings" then on that page select "account"
        About half way down there is "edit post signature" under the group heading "Conversation Detail Options"

I think that is where you need to go for this.
        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

I think Kerry's right on how to change it, I've never tried it here myself. By the way, when you said "change", I assumed there was one already, but I don't see any signature on your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post

Peter,

Click on your picture+name in the top right of this page and select "User settings" then on that page select "account"
            About half way down there is "edit post signature" under the group heading "Conversation Detail Options"

I think that is where you need to go for this.
            Thanks, Kerry. I'll give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

I think Kerry's right on how to change it, I've never tried it here myself. By the way, when you said "change", I assumed there was one already, but I don't see any signature on your posts.
              Aris, when you look at my posts do you see three quotes at the bottom? By Aesop, Plato, and Thomas de Quincy?

Comment

I don't see anything, Peter, but I cannot check the "Show Signatures" box as the system says I have an invalid birthday but won't let me change it.
                Last edited by Sam Sharpe; Thursday, 8th October, 2020, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Aris, when you look at my posts do you see three quotes at the bottom? By Aesop, Plato, and Thomas de Quincy?
                  There were no quotes on that post... nor any of your recent posts as far as I can tell. Maybe you have already removed them?

If YOU look at your posts in this thread, there shouldn't be any quotes in any of your posts... I don't think it would have anything
                  to do with who is looking though...
                  ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post

There were no quotes on that post... nor any of your recent posts as far as I can tell. Maybe you have already removed them?

If YOU look at your posts in this thread, there shouldn't be any quotes in any of your posts... I don't think it would have anything
                    to do with who is looking though...
                    Thanks again, Kerry. And you too, Sam. Interesting. I see them but no one else does. Kind of amusing. I guess there's no point in changing what only I see. :)

Comment

I do not see the quotes if I am signed in (like I am now to write this). But I do see the quotes if I am not signed in (""We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop"). Funny it only shows your signature to anonymous users. Damn computers!

Comment

Thanks again, Kerry. And you too, Sam. Interesting. I see them but no one else does. Kind of amusing. I guess there's no point in changing what only I see. :)
                        Do you see a giant rabbit as well?

Comment

Hi Peter I see the three quotes when I'm not logged in. AS soon as I log in they disappear.

Comment

Quotes are visible.

I think it is possible to enable/disable to see user signatures.

Comment

No, I do not.

Comment

Working...
                              X