Published Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Published Games

I am unable to find an archive of published games online or an archive of back issues of chess periodicals. I am unable also to find a data base of all chess positions reached in official matches and tournaments. In particular, I am looking for the move list for Neustadtl-Porges 1901 Prague. I have been told that it was analyzed in the British Chess Magazine in September of 1907 or (1901?) and can not find an archive of issues of that magazine. I have heard Agadmator on Youtube mention that certain positions "have never occurred before". What database would he be referring to that would provide that information?

It was the September, 1907 issue of BCM, pages 406-410 (vol. 27). It's in the public domain, but I haven't been able to find any PDF's of it. The volume has been reprinted - available on a few sites for $20 to $40.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
      It was the September, 1907 issue of BCM, pages 406-410 (vol. 27). It's in the public domain, but I haven't been able to find any PDF's of it. The volume has been reprinted - available on a few sites for $20 to $40.
      I will attempt to attach the pdf from BCM - that is analysis after the position George is looking at.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Tony Boron; Wednesday, 4th November, 2020, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by George Best View Post
        I am unable to find an archive of published games online or an archive of back issues of chess periodicals. I am unable also to find a data base of all chess positions reached in official matches and tournaments. In particular, I am looking for the move list for Neustadtl-Porges 1901 Prague. I have been told that it was analyzed in the British Chess Magazine in September of 1907 or (1901?) and can not find an archive of issues of that magazine.
        I saw your (I assume it is yours) question on chess.com - if you are wondering about the variation 16...P-B5+ in the Averbakh book -
        So 16...P-B5+ - I think it should be P-B4+ or f5+ - probably a typo transcription from algebraic. I think they just threw that in for completeness as the only other moves are covered in a,b, and c.
        Last edited by Tony Boron; Wednesday, 4th November, 2020, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Thank you, Tony. I very much appreciate receiving the pdf

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-11-06 13.24.53.jpg Views:	0 Size:	15.5 KB ID:	209812
            Published Games

BCM 1907, page 409
            Last edited by Wayne Komer; Friday, 6th November, 2020, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Published Games

BCM 1907, page 410

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-11-06 13.26.00.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	209806

Comment

Published Games

BCM 1907, page 411

Name:	2020-11-06 13.26.23.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	209808

Comment

Published Games

BCM 1907, page 412

Name:	2020-11-06 13.27.17.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	209810

Comment

For the sake of completeness you should turn several pages back and post the Neustadtl's picture.

A similar article was published in Wiener Schachzeitung in 1906 without the last problem.

http://anno.onb.ac.at/cgi-content/an...69&size=45

Comment

Published Games

November 6, 2020

I apologize for the size of my postings. I have wrestled with them for a while and that is what it is!

The photo of Dr. Hermann Neustadtl from BCM 1907, September issue.

Name:	IMG_9186.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	209819

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                        For the sake of completeness you should turn several pages back and post the Neustadtl's picture.

A similar article was published in Wiener Schachzeitung in 1906 without the last problem.

http://anno.onb.ac.at/cgi-content/an...69&size=45
                        Sorry for the late response but I am having problems locating the page in question regarding Neustadtl-Porges even though I found Neustadtl's name in the index.

Comment

Originally posted by George Best View Post

Sorry for the late response but I am having problems locating the page in question regarding Neustadtl-Porges even though I found Neustadtl's name in the index.

Try this copy and paste

Code:
                          http://anno.onb.ac.at/cgi-content/anno-plus?aid=sze&datum=1906&page=269&size=45

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post

Try this copy and paste

Code:
                            http://anno.onb.ac.at/cgi-content/anno-plus?aid=sze&datum=1906&page=269&size=45
                            Thank you, I found it.

Comment

Working...
                            X