The first Intercontinental ChessKid FIDE Challenge - Jan 23, 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first Intercontinental ChessKid FIDE Challenge - Jan 23, 2021

FIDE and ChessKid.com announced a partnership to launch what they expect to turn into the largest under-12 online event ever. "The first Intercontinental ChessKid FIDE Challenge will take place on January 23, and is open to any child aged 12 and below on Earth or in any place in the Milky Way galaxy!"

Details here and here.

Thank you so much for sharing, Vadim. I hope this will be a great experience for Raunak.

Originally posted by Vadim Tsypin View Post
    FIDE and ChessKid.com announced a partnership to launch what they expect to turn into the largest under-12 online event ever. "The first Intercontinental ChessKid FIDE Challenge will take place on January 23, and is open to any child aged 12 and below on Earth or in any place in the Milky Way galaxy!"

Details here and here.

Comment

Originally posted by Amit R View Post
      Thank you so much for sharing, Vadim. I hope this will be a great experience for Raunak.
      My pleasure Amit. Good luck to Raunak and all Canadian kids!

The organizers seem to recognize that having wholesome fun is an important part of chess experience for the U-12 crowd: "Although we don't know if there are any 10-year-old scientists living at the South Pole for winter, if your internet connection is decent, you can play, too! For those living on Mars by then, please add about 15 minutes to each time for radio signals to get back and forth. For Pluto, add 4.5 hours."

Comment

Working...
      X