Vaccine Pre-Requisite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post

Fauci says 70% immune could be considered herd immunity for COVID19.
    So given the rapidly rising percentage of those already infected once, multiplied by a factor to account for untested infected cases, and the fast pace of vaccination expected, all bode well for a big OTB chess tournament in the USA in mid 2021...
    Aren't you making the assumption that people who have had Covid but have "recovered" are now immune? I am not sure I have seen that documented anywhere. It seems like a common assumption but I am not sure there is a lot of research on that. (please feel free to point to such information).

In the U.S. especially I fear that the uptake of the vaccine in the general population will be unacceptably low for the same reason Trump still managed to get 70 million votes.
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post

Aren't you making the assumption that people who have had Covid but have "recovered" are now immune? I am not sure I have seen that documented anywhere. It seems like a common assumption but I am not sure there is a lot of research on that. (please feel free to point to such information).
      If the first encounter did not produce immunity, we would have had about 600,000 cases of a second infection in USA. How many have been reported from that country? Less than 6? Or is it just 1?
      Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Saturday, 2nd January, 2021, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post

In the U.S. especially I fear that the uptake of the vaccine in the general population will be unacceptably low for the same reason Trump still managed to get 70 million votes.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1599012100827.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	210854
        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

They do work. Masks are meant to keep droplets inside the mask. They act as a barrier for spraying out droplets. Not as a shield from preventing droplets from coming in.

But I do think those clear acrylic panels are almost a complete waste. Air circulation goes in all directions...

“These barriers are designed to prevent large spray-born droplets, which are released when someone talks loudly or coughs at close range,” she told me. “But you also have to account for the smaller particles that can go around the plexiglass barrier and stay airborne for longer periods of time, which someone can still inhale.”

...that's why people should wear a mask! Keep as much of those 'large spray-born droplets' inside the mask as possible.
          { Hmm. No spelling or grammatical errors. Punctuation looks ok. There is an unattributed quote but .... why quibble? Overall, appears to he well written.}

Okay people!! Very funny. Who figured out Neil's password?
          "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
          "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
          "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

{ Hmm. No spelling or grammatical errors. Punctuation looks ok. There is an unattributed quote but .... why quibble? Overall, appears to he well written.}

Okay people!! Very funny. Who figured out Neil's password?
            Pandemic Peter ... strikes again!!!

COVID-esque virus spreading from thread to thread ... LOOL!!!

Comment

I just got the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine on Sunday. We're having some difficulty with getting the vaccines into people, due mainly to inefficient health care bureaucracy as far as I can tell, so most of the ER physicians/nurses/hospital health care workers have not received anything yet...I was fortunate to be finishing a shift in the ER when a nearby nursing home called, saying they had a few doses left from the day's vaccinations, so I walked over with some of the nurses and got the shot. Went well, no side effects, just a slightly sore arm from the injection

Comment

Some new rules that will have to be enforced when OTB chess returns and players speak to each other....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ctZPNppUt4

Comment

Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post
                  Some new rules that will have to be enforced when OTB chess returns and players speak to each other....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ctZPNppUt4
                  Pargat, I laughed so hard that I had tears in my eyes, thanks!!

Comment

FYI
                    https://geozr4zgiy5e6jztggnl4nzv3e-a...onavaksinering

Comment

A different approach to immunization? A nasal spray that provides protection for several hours...

https://sparkmed.stanford.edu/phase-...mmunity-agent/

...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Working...
                      X