Originally posted by Amit R View Post
    chess.com is doing a fun contest here.

Do participate, and post your team, if you'd like ; mine is

Caruana
    van Foreest
    Firouzja
    Caruana, Firouzia, and Donchenko

Comment

Did you possibly mean Esipenko, rather than Donchenko ?

With Caruana and Firouzja , we can't afford Esipenko (sum = 101).

Originally posted by Larry Castle View Post

Caruana, Firouzia, and Donchenko
      Last edited by Amit R; Friday, 15th January, 2021, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Did you possibly mean Esipenko, rather than Donchenko ?

With Caruana and Firouzja , we can't afford Esipenko (sum = 101).

No, apparently Donchenko is a replacement for Dubov. His name was on the list.

Comment

OK, yeah, I see it now ; at the time I did the game, Dubov was on the list and I couldn't immediately recall Donchenko.

No, apparently Donchenko is a replacement for Dubov. His name was on the list.

Comment

" It is difficult to play against Einstein's Theory "- Mikail Tal after losing his first game to Fischer. It looks like our boy Firouzia ran into Einstein's Theory today.

Comment

Hmmm... Carlsen's too strong. The amazing part is, how strong he is in all forms of the game.

" It is difficult to play against Einstein's Theory "- Mikail Tal after losing his first game to Fischer. It looks like our boy Firouzia ran into Einstein's Theory today.

Comment

Was going through analysis and saw that Kh8 could have held the game for Firouzja , and perhaps even won. :-(

Hmmm... Carlsen's too strong. The amazing part is, how strong he is in all forms of the game.

Comment

Theres a real art to knowing where to put your king on defence. It will save many games and turn many others around. Maybe I should write a book on it. (thanks for pointing out Kh8)

Comment

When people see Magnus the endgame maestro they sometimes forget how he can attack but once your king has been exposed to him you never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
                      Theres a real art to knowing where to put your king on defence. It will save many games and turn many others around. Maybe I should write a book on it. (thanks for pointing out Kh8)
                      Hans, if you write a chessbook I will definitly buy it. Amit, my boy Demchenko is a full point behind your guy Van Forest, but he played a very interesting game against Caruana today. I still have hope.

Comment

11 more rounds to go, so things can change dramatically.

Hans, if you write a chessbook I will definitly buy it. Amit, my boy Demchenko is a full point behind your guy Van Forest, but he played a very interesting game against Caruana today. I still have hope.

Comment

Congratulations, your man Van Forest wins the rournament outright with an armageddon win over Giri !! Good pick. How did you do in the official contest?

Comment

Thank you, it's just a game of luck. Yeah, I was hoping he'd do well, but quite surprised he won the tournament. Considering both van Foreest & Giri finished at the top, it seems there was some kind of home advantage as well...

The max possible score was 25 points, and I've got 24.5 points, Haven't heard back from chess.com yet ; fingers crossed.

Congratulations, your man Van Forest wins the rournament outright with an armageddon win over Giri !! Good pick. How did you do in the official contest?

Comment

chess.com is doing a fun contest here.

Do participate, and post your team, if you'd like ; mine is

Caruana
                              van Foreest
                              Firouzja
                              Great picks - almost prescient, Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                              X