Kalev Pugi Fund: A New Generous Donation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kalev Pugi Fund: A New Generous Donation!

Great news for young chess players!

Andres Pugi, son of Kalev Pugi, reached out to me a little over a month ago. He was pleasantly surprised to see that the legacy of his father persisted in the chess world through the Kalev Pugi Fund and after contacting the executive committee decided to donate an additional $10,000 to the fund. The money will be invested and proceedings will be used to further the cause of young women players in Canada, likely through an annual grant.

More details on the CFC website: https://www.chess.ca/en/news/2021/01...fund-donation/

Thanks for the great news Felix. I met Kalev Pugi at the beginning of my chess adventures but did not appreciate who he was. Apparently there is also an annual award with the society of chemical engineers. An amazing legacy, now generational, that has helped many juniors (chess youth) over the years. A big thanks to Andres Pugi, much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
      Thanks for the great news Felix. I met Kalev Pugi at the beginning of my chess adventures but did not appreciate who he was. Apparently there is also an annual award with the society of chemical engineers. An amazing legacy, now generational, that has helped many juniors (chess youth) over the years. A big thanks to Andres Pugi, much appreciated.
      This is a wonderful series of posts! I tip my hat to the generous generations of the Pugi family!

Comment

In 1973 [Kalev Pugi] presented the Pugi Report, a wide-sweeping modernization of the CFC. He was subsequently elected President in order to implement his recommendations. As a result, the CFC went from a loosely-organized volunteer organization with a fragile balance sheet, infrequently updated ratings and no concept of individual memberships to a professional organization.
        Does anyone have a copy of "The Pugi Report"? It would be nice to capture this for the CFC Archives as a pivotal moment in CFC history.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Parakin View Post
          Does anyone have a copy of "The Pugi Report"? It would be nice to capture this for the CFC Archives as a pivotal moment in CFC history.
          Maybe published in the first CFC magazines?!

Comment

Originally posted by Don Parakin View Post
            I looked at old magazines (Bulletins). Only scare information about the report. Did not see a full text (confidential? :)

Comment

Working...
            X