Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Post-Secondary Chess Championship

Hello all,

University of Toronto and the Hart House Chess Club will be hosting next year's Canadian Post-Secondary Chess Championship.
    This is a team event. Open to University & College students, faculty & staff.

When: January 15, 16, 17 (Fri, Sat, Sun) 2010
    Where: Great Hall, Hart House, University of Toronto
    Style: Swiss Style in 2 sections: Over 1750 and Under 1750
    Rounds: 6:30pm Friday, 10am & 3pm Saturday & Sunday
    Time Control: 90 minutes with 30 seconds increment

Entry Fee: $120 per team - $20 discount if registered in advance by cheque by December 15th. Free for schools outside of Ontario (register by e-mail by Dec. 15).
    CFC Membership required from each participant.

Accommodation: Holiday Inn, 10 minute walk away. Discount rates if booked by December 15th.

Other Info: Equipment provided. Lunch included for both Saturday & Sunday.

Tournament Director: Bryan Lamb
    Organizer: Hart House Chess Club - contact Alexander Safir at alexsafir88@gmail.com

All details including:
    - accommodation
    - maps / directions
    - printable copy of the flyer
    can be found on our website:

http://hhchess.sa.utoronto.ca/cpscc

See you all in January!

Alex Ferreira
    Hart House Chess Club
    Director of Communications

Re: Canadian Post-Secondary Chess Championship

is this open to part time university undergrads such as myself with a valid student card? I go to Ryerson can I just show up or do I need to try to join or form a team? I'm not sure that Ryerson has a chess club

Comment

I find it hard to read the Word document - the chess pieces make it impossible to read some of the text (at least on my screen). Can you eliminate them - or at least make them lighter?

(there are cheaper hotels of equal quality within a reasonable walk that I have stayed at often - Day's Inn (Caleton/Yonge) and Bond Place (Dundas - just east of Yonge) - almost always less than $100/night).

Comment

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
        is this open to part time university undergrads such as myself with a valid student card? I go to Ryerson can I just show up or do I need to try to join or form a team? I'm not sure that Ryerson has a chess club
        Hi,

Yes you can participate in a team from Ryerson. Each team should have 4 players (playing at any given time) and can have up to two alternates.
        I would find it hard to believe that there's no Chess Club or chess being played at some club at Ryerson. In June, the Russian-Ukrainian club organized a lecture and simul by GM Bareev. Ryerson has not participated in this tournament in the past couple of years, but we're definitely hoping to see Ryerson there, especially because we're in the same city :)

Alex Ferreira
        Hart House Chess Club

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
          I find it hard to read the Word document - the chess pieces make it impossible to read some of the text (at least on my screen). Can you eliminate them - or at least make them lighter?

(there are cheaper hotels of equal quality within a reasonable walk that I have stayed at often - Day's Inn (Caleton/Yonge) and Bond Place (Dundas - just east of Yonge) - almost always less than $100/night).
          Hi,

It is unfortunate that hotels in Toronto are so expensive
          Bond Place Hotel is considerably further in distance by walking, particularly more of a nuisance in the Winter. Carleton / Yonge is perhaps only an additional 10 minute walk. It was not easy looking for respectable chain hotels with breakfast included that bordered the campus, and the others were just as or more expensive. There's no mandatory stay at the Holiday Inn of course, but it's the one we recommend.

I will talk to my colleague about the flyer, thanks for pointing it out.
          If I try to fix the flyer myself I might destroy it :o by accident.

Alex Ferreira
          Hart House Chess Club

Comment

Hello all,

Just a reminder that the discount hotel & entry rate expire in a week!
            Several teams have entered and more to follow soon.

Alex Ferreira
            Hart House Chess Club

We are ready :)

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Ferreira View Post
              Hello all,

Just a reminder that the discount hotel & entry rate expire in a week!
              Several teams have entered and more to follow soon.

Alex Ferreira
              Hart House Chess Club

We are ready :)
              i am asking if we can have this discount if we reserve next week ?

ETS Team

Comment

Working...
              X