Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Markham Chess Tournament , April 24 , 2022 3:00 PM

When - Sunday , April 24 , 2022

Where - Markham Missionary Church , 5438 Major Mackenzie Dr. E , Markham , ON L3P 3J3

Age categories : U 8 , U 12 , U 16 and Open

Format : 6 Rounds Swiss

Rounds : 3:00 - 6:00 pm

Entry Fee : $40 , for Pay/Pal/E-Transfers : admin@kkcchessclub.com

Prizes : Cash prizes , medals and ribbons

Registration and questions : www.kkcchessclub.com , email: admin@kkcchessclub.com

sorry whats the time control of this tournament if you're playing 6 rounds in 3 hours?

Comment

A photo with stanch pro-Putin Karpov does not help your cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario Moran-Venegas View Post
        A photo with stanch pro-Putin Karpov does not help your cause.
        Me? That's Caruana, not Karpov.

Comment

Originally posted by David Ottosen View Post
          sorry whats the time control of this tournament if you're playing 6 rounds in 3 hours?
          Looks like speed chess.

Comment

Ok Rek Slava you had enough notice

Why do you have a celebratory picture on your website with ardent Putin supporter Karpov?

https://kkcchessclub.com/gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Mario Moran-Venegas View Post
              Ok Rek Slava you had enough notice

Why do you have a celebratory picture on your website with ardent Putin supporter Karpov?

https://kkcchessclub.com/gallery
              We are ALL (I hope) quite disgusted by the Russia attack on Ukraine but I fail to see what business it is of yours to admonish Rek Slava for simply having a picture on his website showing Karpov.
              Yes - Karpov seems to be a supporter of PooTin (as Karjakan and maybe Oveshkin and likely some others) but this sort of mindless witch hunt is petty and stupid.

Perhaps you should buy all of Karpov's books you can get your hands on and then burn them for a video for TikTok? Come on man, get a grip.
              Of course I believe Karpov, Ovechkin, Karjakin etc should be slagged for supporting PooTin but going after every incidental connection to them is pointless.

There likely are millions of Russian people (perhaps 100's of millions) who absolutely despise Putin and what he has done and is doing but they unfortunately are not in a position to do anything. Those outside of Russia likely understand that the long arm of Putin and his thugs can reach out nearly anywhere (don't drink the tea...) so they too are likely not going to be too vocal about their disdain.
              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

I wrote to the organisers, and received this reply:

"Time control is 30 min for round (approx.15 min for each player) without chess clocks."

Comment

Working...
                X