Emergency Replacement for GM norm tournament in Ottawa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Replacement for GM norm tournament in Ottawa

GM Tyomkin withdrew at 6:33 PM - the tournament started at 6 PM. Your FIDE rating has to be over 2270 FIDE to keep the tournament average rating over 2380.

If you can step up and make round 2 at noon tomorrow the tournament can go on. Please e-mail me at fs889@ncf.ca
    Last edited by Halldor P. Palsson; Wednesday, 8th June, 2022, 08:08 PM.

Though I lack the necessary qualifications, I suspect it would be useful to post more information about the tournament - what is a replacement committing to in terms of time?

Comment

GREAT BREAKING NEWS!!!

IM Artiom Samsonkin SAVED THE TOURNAMENT!!!

Like seriously, he was asked after midnight, and of course, had SO MANY things to take care of!
      From what I hear, Artiom left for Ottawa without even knowing where he would stay multiple nights!

If I sound like I'm gushing, it's that I'm SO IMPRESSED by Artiom's "for chess community" attitude!
      The next time that I'm inviting players to a tournament of mine, I know who I'm giving a first offer to!

Artiom, YOU DA MAN!!!

Comment

Artiom is a good guy. The man has depth - I mean depth - let me tell you! Impressive!! All organizers take note.

Comment

IMO, we should add this to Samsonkin's chess accomplishments for 2022 when choosing the Player of the Year.

And Tyomkin's.

Comment

Agreed whole heartedly!

Comment

Artiom beat GM Reynaldo Vera Gonzalez in a
              mere12 moves, from the Black side of a Nimzo!

Comment

Best wishes for this Ottawa event, going forward. I am glad it has been saved by the last-minute enlistment of IM Samsonkin!

Just wondering: Is there a way to follow this event?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Dixon View Post
                  Best wishes for this Ottawa event, going forward. I am glad it has been saved by the last-minute enlistment of IM Samsonkin!

Just wondering: Is there a way to follow this event?
                  Games are posted on the CFC forum.

Comment

Good start Artiom!

Comment

Lots of fighting chess! Thanks for posting the games.

Comment

Artiom for Prime Minister! Just imagine if he scores a GM norm in this tournament! Let's go Artiom!

Comment

Rd 5 Artiom strikes with the diamond pawn formation! and a dazzling knight finish.

Comment

In Rd6 Artiom played Blackburne's Black Death variation. My heart was with him all the way but maybe that variation shouldnt be played in a grandmaster tournament.

Comment

Rd 7 Noritsyn - Samsonkin - enjoyable fireworks.

Comment

Working...
                              X