Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick Kirby
    replied
    I was watching the Russian stream on Levitov Chess with Kramnik and Grischuk commenting. Grischuk said about Nakamura: "He has the same problem as Svidler, he spends too much time during the game thinking about what he's going to say at the press conference."

Leave a comment:

• Brad Thomson
    replied
    I loved Magnus' comments upon Nepo, he was quite disgusted and was not shy to say so. First, he said Nepo often makes poor moves quickly, then at the end he says that Nepo should smell blood in the water, be a shark and play on instead of accepting the repetition.

Leave a comment:

• Hans Jung
    replied
    I agree - not looking good for Firoujza. Nepo leads with +2 (3 out of 4) after 4 rounds.

Leave a comment:

• Marc Andre Beaudry
    replied
    Bad choice of opening today for Alireza to play the najdorf against arguably the best najdorf player for both colors today Nepo. He got clobbered really bad and Firouza is at -2, very bad start for him. Nepo is at +2 and playing really well, I hope he doesn't qualify to face Magnus, but right now, he is playing strong chess with crushing victories, almost miniatures against Firoouza and Ding.

Leave a comment:

• Hans Jung
    replied
    https://en.chessbase.com/post/fide-candidates-2022-r3 Here is analysis on what Ding missed.

Leave a comment:

• Hans Jung
    replied
    Chuckle, chuckle. Yes that was the one game with fireworks and brilliant calculation by Nakamura at the end saved the game. (Obviously i wasnt watching the game.)

Leave a comment:

• John Coleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
    Rd 3 A quiet day. All draws. Maybe Ding had a chance to win. Nepo and Caruana still lead by half a point.
    Firouzja sacked a piece on move 16, Naka spent 42 minutes finding a reply, and you say "a quiet day". You've been talking to my wife, haven't you?

Leave a comment:

• Hans Jung
    replied
    Rd 3 A quiet day. All draws. Maybe Ding had a chance to win. Nepo and Caruana still lead by half a point.

Leave a comment:

• Hans Jung
    replied
    Rd 2 Firoujza hung tough and got the draw.
    Nakamura had triple connected passed pawns on the queenside and even Houdini couldnt stop him.
    Nepo and Caruana could have played on a little more.

After 2 Nepo and Caruana still lead by half a point.

Leave a comment:

• Brad Thomson
    replied
    Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post

I like the way Judith and Jan are analyzing together today. You might want to give them a try.
    I found myself flipping around trying to stay on the Nepo-Caruana game. Too bad it was not fully played out.

Leave a comment:

• Amit R
    replied
    My (noob) prediction is : Duda.

Leave a comment:

• Hans Jung
    replied
    Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
    Does anyone have a favourite broadcast? In the old days we had none of this, now we have choices. I watched Chess.com yesterday and enjoyed Hammer. Today I will go with Saint Louis.
    I like the way Judith and Jan are analyzing together today. You might want to give them a try.

Leave a comment:

• Hans Jung
    replied
    In round 1 Nepo had a beautiful finish against Ding.
    I doubted Nakamura's play with the bare naked king but it took great persistence from Caruana to pull off the win.

Leave a comment:

• Hans Jung
    replied
    Ive always recommended St. Louis but I have a bias.

Leave a comment:

• Brad Thomson
    replied
    Does anyone have a favourite broadcast? In the old days we had none of this, now we have choices. I watched Chess.com yesterday and enjoyed Hammer. Today I will go with Saint Louis.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X