Jean Hébert needs your support!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jean Hébert needs your support!

Largely thanks to the incentive given by the Canadian Senior Championship I am now going after the World Senior title in Assisi (Italy) from November 14th to the 27th.

For that endeavor I need the support of the chess community.

Airfare will be covered by the Quebec Chess Federation but other expenses and loss of income (around 4,000$) would be on my shoulders.

At stake is, of course, the title of World Senior Champion, but also the International Grand Master title that has eluded me so far.

This might be my last chance to get the highest title in Chess.

The competition will be very tough but in proper conditions I believe that I can do well and who knows…

Here is a link to my fund raising campaign. Any contribution will be much appreciated.

Sharing the link would not hurt either.

The link : https://www.yoyomolo.com/championnat-mondial-dechecs-senior?fbclid=IwAR1i4ghA8ACH5HkmTGv9JWo3IRRsJIcPeRI9Q0_oifc7SromF5UmzlZYlDM

Thank you so much for your help and support.

Jean

I am happy to support Jean Hebert in his quest for the World Seniors title. Jean is a Canadian chess legend who I have had the pleasure to watch almost from the start. In 1972 watching him at the Canadian Junior in London Ontario gave me the inspiration to start playing tournament chess. Jean finally won the Canadian Junior in 1977 and then the very next year won the actual Canadian Championship in Toronto as a dark horse. I was there watching the exciting finish. In 2007 in Kitchener he was one of the four finalists in the Canadian Championship and I was rooting for him. Two years later he went above and beyond to win the 2009 Canadian Championship in Guelph at age 51! and this year he became Canadian Senior Champion.
    Good Luck - bonne Chance Jean in your quest!

Comment

Good luck Jean! I'm really impressed by how long you've been playing, and I really hope you get to hold the title that has eluded you for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
        Largely thanks to the incentive given by the Canadian Senior Championship I am now going after the World Senior title in Assisi (Italy) from November 14th to the 27th.

For that endeavor I need the support of the chess community.

Airfare will be covered by the Quebec Chess Federation but other expenses and loss of income (around 4,000$) would be on my shoulders.

At stake is, of course, the title of World Senior Champion, but also the International Grand Master title that has eluded me so far.

This might be my last chance to get the highest title in Chess.

The competition will be very tough but in proper conditions I believe that I can do well and who knows…

Here is a link to my fund raising campaign. Any contribution will be much appreciated.

Sharing the link would not hurt either.

The link : https://www.yoyomolo.com/championnat-mondial-dechecs-senior?fbclid=IwAR1i4ghA8ACH5HkmTGv9JWo3IRRsJIcPeRI9Q0_oifc7SromF5UmzlZYlDM

Thank you so much for your help and support.

Jean
        Was Jean's account deleted from CT?

Comment

He has an account, but hasn't visited CT since 2017.

Comment

Good luck Jean ! Hope you get the required fund. You are still a force to reckon with.

Comment

Great that Jean is still playing and at a high level. It should be noted that $25 donations get a PDF file of games and $75 get a video of the memorable moments. Looking forward to the video! Bonne chance Jean!

Comment

Annex Chess Club is happy to support Jean Hébert in his continued quest for chess excellence to the extent of a $300 contribution to his fundraising campaign.
                At ACC, we believe that playing chess is a great tool for maintaining mental health and well-being at all ages, especially for seniors.

More information can be found on our website: Annex Chess Club | T647-822-4628 | Chess for everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Salim Belcadi View Post
                  Annex Chess Club is happy to support Jean Hébert in his continued quest for chess excellence to the extent of a $300 contribution to his fundraising campaign.
                  At ACC, we believe that playing chess is a great tool for maintaining mental health and well-being at all ages, especially for seniors.

More information can be found on our website: Annex Chess Club | T647-822-4628 | Chess for everyone
                  Bravo! Jean has done much for chess in Quebec and Canada.

Comment

Thanks a lot for all the support guys ! I really appreciate it.

Comment

Unless I am reading it wrong, I think the campaign ends September 13th. It says 'Championnat mondial d'échecs senior from Friday, August 26, 2022 to Tuesday, September 13, 2022.
                      So far $2800 raised out of the $4000 goal. It would be nice if Jean met his goal, but very good support so far, I would say.

Comment

Does anyone know if the fundraising was successful? The link now goes to the home website, not to Jean's campaign.

Comment

I saw on Facebook that Jean raised 90% of the money and is very happy about that.

Comment

3,800 of the 4,000 dollars needed was raised.

Comment

Working...
                            X