Magnus has withdrawn from Sinquefeld Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kasparov issued this on Twitter about half an hour ago:

"I will not delve into the ugly insinuations of the matter now, but must remark on what we do know:
    World chess champion Magnus Carlsen withdrew from the world's premier tournament in St. Louis,
    an act with no precedent in the past 50 years, and his explanation is required."

...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

https://en.chessbase.com/post/the-ca...niemann-affair A good summary of the incident.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
        We're not sure why you are taking such a strong line over this?

Because Neimann is being tossed under the bus as an explanation for Magnus' conduct. This is not at all fair unless there IS something to the allegations that he cheated. If there IS then Neimann should be accused, if there is not then Neimann has a right to be exonerated. What ever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? The chess world, thanks to the suck who is a former world champion, having decided not to defend, is declaring Niemann "guilty until Magnus (the suck) declares him innocent." This is outrageous, but of course par for the course in the world of chess.
        The penalty for making an unfounded accusation can be as severe as the penalty for cheating. The thing I don't like about the proposed new rules is that grandmaster opinion can be cited as evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
          Kasparov... and his explanation is required."
          Absolutely!

Comment

If Hans Niemann is exonerated by the investigation ,I will permanently close my chess.com account.
            I did it when Eric Hansen was attacked by Nakamura. That affair involved some bad decisions by chess.com.

I have kept it because some of my students play there.

Comment

One thing is for sure, Hans Niemann is a very strong chess player with a bright future. If he is consistent and continues to play at this strength he will be deadly OTB. The next generation is here...

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                Kasparov issued this on Twitter about half an hour ago:

"I will not delve into the ugly insinuations of the matter now, but must remark on what we do know:
                World chess champion Magnus Carlsen withdrew from the world's premier tournament in St. Louis,
                an act with no precedent in the past 50 years, and his explanation is required."
                Kasparov speaking from a position of moral authority isn't exactly compelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon Ab View Post
                  One thing is for sure, Hans Niemann is a very strong chess player with a bright future. If he is consistent and continues to play at this strength he will be deadly OTB. The next generation is here...
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxHIFVjm_8s

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

The penalty for making an unfounded accusation can be as severe as the penalty for cheating. The thing I don't like about the proposed new rules is that grandmaster opinion can be cited as evidence.
                    Opinion as evidence sounds Trumpian to me too... very Fox News like.
                    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Working...
                    X