POKER AFTER DARK had a show last night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POKER AFTER DARK had a show last night...

It was a charitable event with a table of Clay Travis, Doyle Brunson (!), Senator Ted Cruz, Phil Hellmuth and Alexandra Botez. Others also but I cannot recall their names. Alexandra won after facing Phil Hellmuth one on one, albeit she had a large chip lead! It was a fascinating show. I recall AB winning chess stuff when she was a young 'un, but she is not that any longer. She has a wonderful personality! Her 1st prize was $20,000US. There were many interesting stories told during play. AB was nicknamed "chess girl."
    One hand (not the final) between PH and AB saw PH with J's and 8's (not showing) and AB showing nothing (AB goes all in and PH calls immediately) but she had a draw for a straight and it came on the River!
    Last edited by Ken MacDonald; Friday, 2nd December, 2022, 03:31 PM.

Some of those chess players are good poker players (and easy on the eyes).

Comment

Originally posted by Ken MacDonald View Post
      It was a charitable event with a table of Clay Travis, Doyle Brunson (!), Senator Ted Cruz, Phil Hellmuth and Alexandra Botez. Others also but I cannot recall their names. Alexandra won after facing Phil Hellmuth one on one, albeit she had a large chip lead! It was a fascinating show. I recall AB winning chess stuff when she was a young 'un, but she is not that any longer. She has a wonderful personality! Her 1st prize was $20,000US. There were many interesting stories told during play. AB was nicknamed "chess girl."
      One hand (not the final) between PH and AB saw PH with J's and 8's (not showing) and AB showing nothing (AB goes all in and PH calls immediately) but she had a draw for a straight and it came on the River!
      That bad beat for Hellmuth must have had him cursing, he is known for going into long tirades after getting a bad beat.. And going all-in on a river draw would be totally outrageous to Hellmuth, although maybe Hellmuth didn't have many chips left in which case putting him all-in would not be such a bad play.

Comment

I was watching also, between 4 and 5 p.m. Thursday afternoon, following the end of World Cup Soccer coverage, at a local sports bar. Alexandra was fairly short-stacked at that point, with five players still active, and she was playing conservatively. Two players then left the game, in the following few deals, and Alexandra started getting better cards; she had been folding almost every hand after her initial two-card deal. That was when I left to go home, with three players left (Alexandra, Cruz, Hellmuth). It was played at the Avia resort in Las Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

That bad beat for Hellmuth must have had him cursing, he is known for going into long tirades after getting a bad beat. And going all-in on a river draw would be totally outrageous to Hellmuth, although maybe Hellmuth didn't have many chips left in which case putting him all-in would not be such a bad play.
          After reading my post again, I decided to check out the show again when it was replayed on SN. Nope, AB did not go all in on a prayer, she already had the straight. Sorry. (I don't play poker, just watch it once in a while!) That makes more sense. It was fun to watch PH call fully expecting to win.

Comment

Working...
          X