The Unstoppable American, Bobby Fischer's Road To Reykjavik by Jan Timman is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Unstoppable American, Bobby Fischer's Road To Reykjavik by Jan Timman is...

available at no cost to the first person who emails me at xyz at bell dot net. The catch, only available for pickup in downtown Toronto at the front desk at 35-Church Street (just North of Church and Front Streets, East side, short term parking available). Lots of text and a few pictures. A very enjoyable read for the fan of that period.

Kudos, Ken!

Comment

I'm sure somebody has grabbed it. WHen Timman does something like this, he always does a great job. Expect deep and thorough analysis, probably by the man himself, not computer aided, and real insight without judgement of the man.

I would like to take the opportunity to show y'all what is so far the best biography of Fischer I have ever read.

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/19/c...19fischer.html

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Henderson View Post
        I'm sure somebody has grabbed it. WHen Timman does something like this, he always does a great job. Expect deep and thorough analysis, probably by the man himself, not computer aided, and real insight without judgement of the man.

I would like to take the opportunity to show y'all what is so far the best biography of Fischer I have ever read.

Thanks Fred.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

Thanks Fred.
          yw. I find it very interesting, in part because it is a well written and accurate account of his career that targets that is suitable for players and non-players alike.

Comment

OK, I am sitting here with the book in hand. Visually the book is very nice. Bright and clean, typical of New in Chess I suppose. Also the analysis is not all that deep, a good blend of analysis and prose, whereas his book "The Art of Analysis was too deep for me.

However, right off the top I get a little annoyed by Timman's assumed insight into Fischer's mind, the reasons for his decisions. I don't think his "insight" into Fischer's psychology is anything special. He's a grandmaster, not a psychologist. Otherwise, it's a beautiful book that I will get lots of mileage from.

Thanks, Ken.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Henderson View Post

Thanks, Fred! That was a great read indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

Thanks, Fred! That was a great read indeed!
                Yes. Interesting. Little or no chess content, equally readable for players and non - players alike. Objective and factual. without attacking Fischer the man.

Comment

Working...
                X