Tata Steel 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tata Steel 2023

Lovely counterattacking game by Ding Liren in Rd 1! Earlier on Nc5 produced lively play and then finishing rook sacrifice Rxe4 followed by Bd3! - the bishops rule!

In the challengers both GM"s Mishra and Warmerdam are off to a hot start. Lovely attack by Max Warmerdam sacrificing the queen for endless piece play leading to checkmate.

Comment

Abdusattorov and Ding Liren are tied for the lead after round one.

Comment

Rd 2 Roebers - L'Ami definitely game of the round.

Comment

In the challengers Tabatabaei and Donchenko also won.

Comment

Rd 2 Magnus - picturesque exchange sacrifice to win in vintage Carlsen style.

Anish Giri put on a tactical showcase.

Comment

Rd 3 Caruana beats Van Foreest and joins the lead. 5 way tie for first

Comment

In the challengers 6 way tie for first. The young star Roebers missed a nice win against Warmerdam.
                Beerdsen played an Evans Gambit! and was winning but couldnt come up with the right tactics.
                Last edited by Hans Jung; Monday, 16th January, 2023, 07:59 PM.

Comment

I like listening to Svidler.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
                    I like listening to Svidler.
                    I agree 100% ... he is very interesting and his command of English is extraordinary. I love his stories as well.
                    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Peter Svidler brings more culture to chess. They should release audiotapes of his commentary.

Comment

Rd 4 Awesome fighting game between Anish Giri and Magnus

Comment

In the challengers lovely strategy by Mishra against L'Ami.

Comment

Rd 4 Giri saw it thru and triumphed! Big win against Magnus!
                            Abdusattarov two rooks huge on e6 and a lasting attacking initiative right thru a major piece endgame!

Two huge wins resulting in a two way tie for first with Giri and Abdusattarov!

Comment

I enjoyed the Giri win. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X