• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
    I enjoyed the Giri win. :)
    The Giri win was definitely a standout!

Comment

Ivic, Donchenko, and Yilmaz tied for first in the challengers after 4 rounds.

Comment

Pragganandhaa upset Ding Liren! - another one of the top seeds falls.
        So and Aronian are all draws so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
          Ivic, Donchenko, and Yilmaz tied for first in the challengers after 4 rounds.
          Go Donchenko!! Any young buck who plays the Caro Kann is ok by me. Although, I think it was Larsen who said to a young opponent, "If you play the Caro Kann now, what will you play when you're an old man?" :)
          "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
          "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
          "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Donchenko plays interesting positional chess.

Comment

Rd 5 Today only challengers. Masters have a rest day.
              Beerdsen - Roebers Black played French and chaos on the board (actually I like Black's attack). Beerdsen has made interesting opening choices in several games so far.

Comment

After 5 rounds Yilmaz has taken a clear lead of 4 out of 5 in the challengers. (as both Donchenko and Ivic drew their respective games)

Comment

Round 5 - Abdusatarov has Q+NP vs Carlsen's Q. I assume it's a win with best play (I didn't check the tablebases).

Comment

Rd 5 In the masters - the big news is Abdusattarov beat Magnus and is now in clear first after 5 rounds.

Comment

https://en.chessbase.com/post/tata-s...023-endgames-1 The good endgame doctor GM Karsten Mueller weighs in on interesting endgames from Tata Steel.

Comment

Rd 6 Some great jousting ending up in passed pawn play starting with 32.c4 in So - Keymer. Nice endgame win by Wesley So. Caruana's c5 was revealing and opened up active play by the rooks and a better bishop soon became overwhelming.

Comment

Abdusattorov still leads with a half point margin over Caruana and Giri after 6 rounds.

Comment

Rd 6 challengers Donchenko played a nice Caro-Kann with pressure ideas leading to breakthru. Vaishalli good positional chess leading to domination. L'Ami - Warmerdam was highly entertaining with Black attacking but getting nowhere and then White sacked a rook on h8 to get a passed pawn bone in the throat leading to a nice endgame finish.

Comment

After 6 rounds Yilmaz and Donchenko tied for first with 4.5 out of 6. Two a half point back.

Comment

Rd 7 In the Challengers all but one game were decisive. Donchenko played a nice positional game to beat his coleader Yilmaz. As a result Donchenko has taken a clear lead.

Comment

Working...
                                X