Tata Steel 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the masters prime entertainment was seen in the Magnus Rapport game where Magnus played Kf2 and Rapport sacked two pieces but in the end there wasnt enough compensation. In the So game Wesley played both knights to the rim (knights on the rim are dim) and then back into the center to win the game.
    However Abdussatorov continues his winning ways and now leads the field by 1 point.

Comment

Highlight pairings tomorrow (Sunday) in the masters are: Abdusattorov - Aronian and Caruana - Carlsen.

Comment

Magnus came up with his A game and Caruana is suffering (and lost). Gukesh finally won a game - and what a game!
        Abdusattarov still leads by one point after 8 rounds.

Comment

Adhiban played a brilliancy - what a finish!
          Yilmaz played a nice game of active defence.

Comment

After 8 rounds in the challengers Donchenko still leads by a half point.

Comment

Rest day today (Monday) in the masters.

Comment

Interesting position in Rapport's game. Stockfish mainline starts with Ke2!
                Attached Files

Comment

And after Erigaisi misses Ke2, Rapport finds the best reply with 12.g5!

Comment

https://en.chessbase.com/post/tata-s...023-endgames-2 More endgames from Tata Steel.

Comment

Thanks for pointing out Erigaisi - Rapport. Creative chess. But why Qh5 by Rapport? Head scratcher.

Turns out Qh5 worked out very well for Rapport.
                      Last edited by Hans Jung; Tuesday, 24th January, 2023, 03:23 PM.

Comment

In round 9 challengers I'm enjoying Adhiban's eagle eye (c5 and Bxe7)

Comment

What would you call what Rapport just did in his game? Psychological chess? Make your opponent uncomfortable and invite a direct response and take advantage of oversights.

Comment

After move 17 I was trying to predict Adhiban's move sequences. Not even close. Nxe5! and then bring the rooks in! I like my knights and like to attack but I didnt see it. Have to do more work on my tactics. Kudos to Adhiban, he's finally in form.

Comment

Beautiful tactics by Sindarov.

Comment

Giri beats Ding - nice play with the knights

Comment

Working...
                                X