Fifty Years Chess Celebration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
    Save the date! My wife, Anne, and I invite you to our Chess Celebration Click image for larger version  Name:	chess celebration.jpg Views:	11 Size:	17.2 KB ID:	225304
    Hopefully your Chess Celebration will be as raunchy as that graphic ... punk!

See you then!

Comment

If anyone is driving from Ottawa and would like to share expenses, please let me know.

Comment

Thanks Brad and Neil. It'll be great to see you there.

Comment

I have my plane ticket purchased, and my accommodations with my brother in Georgetown set. I am looking forward to this event, it will be great to see many of the faces that I have not seen since the 1990s. It will also be good to run into some of the posters on this forum whom I have yet to meet, whether we have traded arguments and the occasional insult, or not. Let this be a happy celebration!!

Comment

Thanks Brad and Neil. It'll be great to see you there.
            Hans, will you be trying to break any Blindfold chess records? Like the most blindfolds worn by a blindfold player? LOL

Comment

No Blindfold records will be broken and probably no blindfold chess will be played. Hopefully just chess fun and cameraderie and conversation (all those C words) amongst friends.

Comment

Awesome Brad! You will add life to the party. It will be a happy celebration.

Comment

No Blindfold records will be broken and probably no blindfold chess will be played. Hopefully just chess fun and cameraderie and conversation (all those C words) amongst friends.

Click image for larger version  Name:	begginswith_C.gif Views:	0 Size:	219.4 KB ID:	227082

Bump!

Comment

Thanks for the reminder Neil.

Comment

moving it up

Comment

three days to go - the planning of the event is shaping well

Comment

So far, there's two carloads of players coming from Chess in the Park (Toronto).

Comment

Awesome news! Thanks for the organising!

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post
                              So far, there's two carloads of players coming from Chess in the Park (Toronto).
                              Really en'hans'ing the event!
                              Do take along the irrepressible Fred Henderson -
                              a fount of wit, knowledge, and good humour!
                              And of course, you will also take -
                              ......lots of pics!

Comment

I will get there asap folks - wouldn't miss it. I am teaching until 11:45 so I will likely miss the start. Hans was an 8 year veteran when I ran my first CFC event in 1983. Where has the time gone?

Comment

Working...
                                X