The Petition to Make Chess a Sport in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I will share some tactics with the rest of you. I know it's a little off topic and everyone is busy working on their chess tactics, but I think these tactics are equally important.
    https://www.searchenginejournal.com/.../323439/#close

Comment

Originally posted by Olga Mushtaler View Post
      Fred Henderson aka Pargat Perrer...
      I have decided that I am now Dimebag Darrell Abbott, thus here is the tune "Living Through Me" (this power/funk is not for the faint of heart). The words have been removed to protect the innocent (and allow us to hear these geniuses on their instruments, this is no impersonation, this is the real thing).
      Living Through Me (Hells' Wrath) (Instrumental) - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post

I have decided that I am now Dimebag Darrell Abbott, thus here is the tune "Living Through Me" (this power/funk is not for the faint of heart). The words have been removed to protect the innocent (and allow us to hear these geniuses on their instruments, this is no impersonation, this is the real thing).
        Living Through Me (Hells' Wrath) (Instrumental) - YouTube
        The Abbott family have been associated with 'the stuff of dimebags' for a long time. Darrell's grampa posed for the artwork on this book cover and was the originator of the expression, "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."
        Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1673810005328.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	224480
        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Fred Henderson aka Pargat Perrer, I've saved a lovely picture for you. Do you like it?
          Are you sure? I have known Fred since I worked with him for many years. Are you saying this is not Fred?

Comment

And I will share some tactics with the rest of you. I know it's a little off topic and everyone is busy working on their chess tactics, but I think these tactics are equally important.
            Thanks Olga. Great article on combating trolls.

Comment

I would not put Mr. Henderson in the category of a troll though perhaps he is exhibiting troll like behaviour in this instance. Our goal cannot be to convince everyone and there is some room for legitimate disagreement. No need to be bogged down in it.

I have had a lot of experience with trolls in the past and more recently. I remember back when Alta Vista was just getting started, some time before they became google there was one troll that had his trolling manual posted online in a secret location. I found it using Alta Vista and downloaded it and began quoting his manual to him every time he followed any of the steps of trolling. It provided some amusement.

Not amusing was when he signed me up for faxes that came in at 3 am on my regular phone and kept calling back when my non-existent fax machine didn't pick up.

I wonder what happened to old Leather Cuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                The Abbott family have been associated with 'the stuff of dimebags' for a long time...
                Here is Paul Bonham impersonating Dimebag Darrell with fabulous adeptness- it is very touching to see Paul show up at a bar and impersonate Dimebag like this! What a thrill for the band and audience this must have been!
                ASKA and Dimebag Darrell - Uncut! - 2003 - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Findlay View Post

Are you sure? I have known Fred since I worked with him for many years. Are you saying this is not Fred?

She believes that and she believes that anyone who disagrees with her naive viewpoints must be a troll. So she automagically labels them that way. There should be a term for that kind of person, who tries to give himself or herself credentials (and succeeds with like-minded airheads) merely by calling all opponents a troll.

Neil Frarey, maybe you know such a term or can invent one?

She's young and she will learn. She will be one of the first early casualties when the world turns much colder (not meaning temperature) and things like playing chess or any other sport professionally go extinct. She will probably be frantically trying to get her smartphone to stop being a brick.

EDIT: both Olga and Vlad seem to like accusing someone of impersonating someone else, presumably because they can't believe any 2 people could both be against their viewpoints. Certainly indicates a mental shortcoming, perhaps Dr. Fraud will speak to that, but i doubt it.
                  Last edited by Pargat Perrer; Saturday, 4th February, 2023, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

She believes that and she believes that anyone who disagrees with her naive viewpoints must be a troll.
                    You are a troll. Anyone who thinks that variants are more important the game that underlies them and makes them possible is either a troll or has some kind of cognitive impairment. Anyone who thinks a CFC president should waste one moment thinking about variants probably should be consigned immediately to some real world equivalent of Arkham Asylum.

Comment

Knowing Fred Henderson a bit, this is Fred Henderson.

Alleging that he is also Pargat Perrer is a stretch.....they do have quite different styles.

I'm more in the camp that Paul Bonham is using the alias ID of Pargat Perrer.

But I admit that if I was Pargat Perrer, and I existed, I'd be quite amused at the consternation my existence is causing in the chess microcosm.

Bob A

Comment

[QUOTE=Pargat Perrer;n224485]

She believes that and she believes that anyone who disagrees with her naive viewpoints must be a troll. <snip>

{/QUOTE]

That's pretty close to how I see it. I would add that it happens quite often with the self-proclaimed experts. When asked to make a case for their firmly held views, they avoid the issues you raise and resort to personal attacks, and against someone they know nothing about. Or they just say 'If you don't see it, nothing I say will make a difference'.

Olga who? There's one more reason not to rejoin the CFC.

Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

Neil Frarey, maybe you know such a term or can invent one?

EDIT: both Olga and Vlad seem to like accusing someone of impersonating someone else, presumably because they can't believe any 2 people could both be against their viewpoints. Certainly indicates a mental shortcoming, perhaps Dr. Fraud will speak to that, but i doubt it.
                        I wouldn't say that about Vlad. I think he said I might be acting like a troll, he didn't say I am a troll. I say Vlad has not expressed an opinion about me, just laid waste to an incorrect one.

Still no-one has addressed any of the issues I have raised on this topic. If someone thinks I am a troll, let them explain why my posts are wrong.

Over and out.

Comment

Fred Henderson and Pargat Perrer got it, they are two different people.
                          Last edited by Olga Mushtaler; Sunday, 5th February, 2023, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Some people just don't know how to support others. Keep TROLLING Fred Henderson and Pargat Perrer
                            All the rest, thanks for your support!

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

You are a troll. Anyone who thinks that variants are more important the game that underlies them and makes them possible is either a troll or has some kind of cognitive impairment. Anyone who thinks a CFC president should waste one moment thinking about variants probably should be consigned immediately to some real world equivalent of Arkham Asylum.

Says you. Anyone who attributes words to someone without providing sources is himself a troll. I have never made such a general statement that any chess variant is "more imporrtant" than chess. Nice try ... some airheads will believe you .... doesn't bother me a bit.

And while Paul Bonham may have at some time posted that you should think about chess variants, I don't recall myself ever posting that. Although chess.com does have several chess variants on its web site, and perhaps they should be asked as to how that is going for them before making rash statements. They've been doing it for a while now, if it wasn't working they would have discontinued it.

Perhaps a CFC President should be able to learn a thing or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                                Knowing Fred Henderson a bit, this is Fred Henderson.

Alleging that he is also Pargat Perrer is a stretch.....they do have quite different styles.

I'm more in the camp that Paul Bonham is using the alias ID of Pargat Perrer.

But I admit that if I was Pargat Perrer, and I existed, I'd be quite amused at the consternation my existence is causing in the chess microcosm.

Bob A
                                Olga has been parroting Vlad Drkulec, who alleges I am Paul Bonham. Now she's admitting her mistake that Fred Henderson is also me, meaning Fred Henderson is Paul Bonham.

For anyone thinking I am Paul Bonham, and using the pretext that I post very similar ideas (i.e. chess variants) as he did, ask yourselves this:

Why????

Why stop posting as Paul Bonham, then post as someone else but post the same general ideas? He and I both like chess variants, that is true. If Paul Bonham wanted to make it look like there are several people supporting chess variants, he wouldn't just use one alter ego, he'd use many. So again, why just use 1 alter ego to post the same stuff? What is the point?

And even on chess variants, Mr. Bonham was (or is?) a lot more into it than I am. He actually started a company to launch a variant and wrote a ChessBase article about it. My own support for variants is much more limited, and I have no business plans around them.

I believe Mr. Bonham and I both support left-of-center politics and abhor the political far right. So my posts may seem much like his on those topics too. In a province of some 15 million people, I think there's a strong possibility that at least 2 people might both like chess variants and abhor the political right.

But as you say Bob A., I do get amusement out of the "ruckus" Vlad likes to cause, all to make Vlad appear much more clever than he really is. There really is such a thing as being too clever for your own good.

Comment

Working...
                                X