Vincenzo Vince D'Aprile RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vincenzo Vince D'Aprile RIP

https://mountpleasantgroup.permavita...ntDAprile.html Just to inform readers of the passing of Vince, long time regular in the Toronto chess community. I believe visitation is tomorrow. Check the link. RIP Vince your company was always a delight.
    Thanks to Alex M. for informing me about an hour ago. (nice example of how the chess community works.

Unfortunate news. Vince was a fun person to hang around with. The "three amigos" of Bryon Nickoloff, Bob Kiviaho and Vince were often together (see their joint photo in Day's Nick's Best). We had lots of good times playing blitz, talking nonsense at a local watering hole, and laughing at each other's differing perspectives.

It also reminds me of another loss - Jim Allen, who put Bryon, Bob and me up during one of the 1976 opens...of course we stayed up all night playing blitz/analyzing, and no wonder we lost our morning games, grabbed a nap, then won in the afternoon. Yet, we weren't playing for tournament wins then...we simply loved chess and played it at every opportunity.

Brian

Comment

Very sad news. Vince was a regular on Gould St. and the Chess Park at Queen and Church St. in Toronto. I knew him for over 30 years. A good player and a very nice man. RIP

Comment

RIP Vince. Vince always had a kind word and usually a chuckle. I was surprised as a youth to see him in my neighborhood at Vic Tanny's. Vince was quite a body builder back then and I believe he worked as a trainer there. Vince was a regular at the Central Y, back in the early 70's when I met him.

Comment

Working...
        X