Has Shawn Rodrigue Lemieux fulfilled all requirements for GM title?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Shawn Rodrigue Lemieux fulfilled all requirements for GM title?

I think he has but could somebody confirm. Thanks.

Hi Hans, Shawn still needs a third norm and to cross 2500.
    I am confident he will become a GM before the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim Belcadi View Post
      Hi Hans, Shawn still needs a third norm and to cross 2500.
      I am confident he will become a GM before the end of the year.
      Which is just PHENOMENAL! I still remember him as a little beginner ...

Comment

Thanks Salim, that is good news.

Comment

Actually, 3 Canadians are very closed to GM title.

1. Raja Panjwani - has all 3 norms, needs to cross 2500, currently around 2470
          2. Nikolay Noritsyn - has 2 norms, has crossed 2500 many years ago. Needs 1 more norm.
          3. Shawn Rodrigue-Lemieux has 2 norms. Needs 1 more norm and less than 10 rating points.

Comment

Shawn could also cross 2500 live rating next week, which is valid for a GM title. I think he is currently above 2490 after his fantastic performance in the CTN.
            Nikolay has crossed 2500 in the past, so his only requirement is a GM norm.

Both Shawn & Nikolay will be good with any type of GM norm, whether from a Round Robin or else, as they have already completed the following requirements:
            - at least one GM norm from an individual Swiss tournament with every round containing at least forty participants whose average rating is at least 2000
            - at least one GM norm shall be achieved in a tournament with only one round per day for a minimum of 3 days

I wish them the best of luck.

Edit: I posted before reading Victor's message. Good luck to Raja too :)
            Last edited by Salim Belcadi; Saturday, 17th June, 2023, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Even better news.

Comment

Shawn has had a fantastic year and a half, he wins almost all the events he is in, plus he is world under 18 WC. I remember him as a 12 year old strong master with long hair.

Comment

Now he wants to play chess and go to medical school in Texas. I said that his chess will suffer because becoming a medical doctor isn't easy , but he said no, he's going to spend half and half.

Comment

Up Up Up! Such great news must stay top!

Comment

Working...
                    X