I need help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help!!!!!

We will be traveling to Europe and my problem is what chess book to bring-it must be thin not big and bulky,I love and teach- 25 years-love the EG,studies,instructive games-I have a few contenders but I need more,I need a good one- thanks…..

Get a Kindle. It'll hold 10s or 100s of books and is only 1/3" thin.

Comment

And on kindle the everyman books are $10 and the new in chess books are around $15 and $20.
      Last edited by Marc Andre Beaudry; Saturday, 24th June, 2023, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Yes kindle is definitely your answer for travel.

Comment

Thx guys,but I prefer reading physical books…

Comment

Originally posted by John Henry View Post
            Thx guys,but I prefer reading physical books…
            I heartily agree John! At my age, Kindles make me feel like an allergy coming on lol

Comment

I also prefer physical books but when travelling how else can you carry unlimited books in such a short space? As for book preferences you had better choose one that you get a lot of enjoyable time from. I dont know what your preferences are regarding chess but for hours and hours of pleasure I would suggest Trotsky's puzzles. Or for a relaxing read and a historical crime thriller I would suggest Ronan Bennett's Zugzwang or some of the other books I have recommended on chesstalk.
              Last edited by Hans Jung; Sunday, 25th June, 2023, 09:30 AM.

Comment

I like Trotsky’s puzzle book- a consideration- 1-2 thin books on instructive chess- endgames-,lessons,are under consideration,I have time to choose,I always travel light- carry on,meeting up with dear wife in French Riveria…..

Comment

What about this one? Blindfold Endgame Visualization - 50 Chess Positions, by Martin Bonde Justesen

https://www.amazon.ca/Blindfold-Endg...7902827&sr=8-1

Comment

I like Trotsky’s puzzle book- a consideration- 1-2 thin books on instructive chess- endgames-,lessons,are under consideration,I have time to choose,I always travel light- carry on,meeting up with dear wife in French Riveria…..
                    Lev Davidovich Bronstein ?
                    Did he write a puzzle book ??

Comment

I like Trotsky’s puzzle book- a consideration- 1-2 thin books on instructive chess- endgames-,lessons,are under consideration,.
                      If you have never read before - Tal about his match against Botvinnik. Thin and great book.

Canadian flavor - The chess attacker's handbook by Song and Preotu. Though, quite dense with examples, you'll need a chessboard :)

Comment

Canadian flavour: Lev Bronstein was interned in Canada, April 1917. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amherst_Internment_Camp

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
                          Canadian flavour: Lev Bronstein was interned in Canada, April 1917. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amherst_Internment_Camp
                          Thanks for that, Ken. I learned something new.
                          "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                          "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                          "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Lev Davidovich Bronstein was the original birth name of Leon Trotsky, Bolshevik revolutionary cohort of Lenin and Stalin. This is NOT the same person as the endgame composer Troitsky.

Comment

Working...
                            X