For Sale - Chess Books in Amazon Kindle format.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale - Chess Books in Amazon Kindle format.

This is the first wave. I expect there will be more. I'd like to get half price myself, anything over that goes to a little chess project I am funding, a large orphanage in Capetown, South Africa that is teaching the kids chess. Right now they need inexpensive internet devices, such as Google Chromebooks. Further information on this available on request. You can respond by PM or in this thread, if that is not deemed inappropriate. It's not by me.

John Nunn
    Learn Chess
    Learn Chess Tactics,
    Understanding Chess Middlegames
    Understanding Chess Endgames,
    Understanding Chess Move by Move,
    John Nunn's Chess Endings vol 1 & 2,
    Secrets of Pawnless Endings,
    Secrets of Rook Endings.

John Watson
    Mastering the Chess Openings, vol 1-4,
    Secrets of Modern Chess Strategy,
    Chess Strategy in Action
    A Strategic Chess Opening Repertoire for White,

Zurich 1953 International Chess Tournament - Veinshtein
    Dvoretsky's Endgame Manual, 4th Ed.
    Fischer's 60 Memorable Games
    Reassess your Chess vol 4 by Silman
    Chess - 5334 Problems, Combinations, and Games - Laszlo Polgar
    Pawn Structure Chess and Art of Defence by Soltis
    My System/Chess Praxis 2016 translation by Robert Sherwood

Arthur van de Outewetering
    Chess Pattern Recognition for Beginners
    Improve your Chess Pattern Recognition
    Train Your Chess Pattern Recognition.

How are you selling Kindle books? It is likely a violation of copyright. You don't actually own the books on Kindle so you can't sell them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
      How are you selling Kindle books? It is likely a violation of copyright. You don't actually own the books on Kindle so you can't sell them.
      Amazon has a step by step process to transfer ownership of the books to another Amazon account, They disappear from one account and show up up in another. so there is no copyright violation

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Henderson View Post

Amazon has a step by step process to transfer ownership of the books to another Amazon account, They disappear from one account and show up up in another. so there is no copyright violation
        As far as I can tell you can transfer a Kindle to someone else by deactivating it but you can't transfer titles to someone else. In the U.S. and UK but not Canada you can share titles with family members for some titles.

Do you have a link to a page that describes that step by step process?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Henderson View Post
          This is the first wave. I expect there will be more. I'd like to get half price myself, anything over that goes to a little chess project I am funding, a large orphanage in Capetown, South Africa that is teaching the kids chess. Right now they need inexpensive internet devices, such as Google Chromebooks. Further information on this available on request. You can respond by PM or in this thread, if that is not deemed inappropriate. It's not by me.

John Nunn
          Learn Chess
          Learn Chess Tactics,
          Understanding Chess Middlegames
          Understanding Chess Endgames,
          Understanding Chess Move by Move,
          John Nunn's Chess Endings vol 1 & 2,
          Secrets of Pawnless Endings,
          Secrets of Rook Endings.

John Watson
          Mastering the Chess Openings, vol 1-4,
          Secrets of Modern Chess Strategy,
          Chess Strategy in Action
          A Strategic Chess Opening Repertoire for White,

Zurich 1953 International Chess Tournament - Veinshtein
          Dvoretsky's Endgame Manual, 4th Ed.
          Fischer's 60 Memorable Games
          Reassess your Chess vol 4 by Silman
          Chess - 5334 Problems, Combinations, and Games - Laszlo Polgar
          Pawn Structure Chess and Art of Defence by Soltis
          My System/Chess Praxis 2016 translation by Robert Sherwood

Arthur van de Outewetering
          Chess Pattern Recognition for Beginners
          Improve your Chess Pattern Recognition
          Train Your Chess Pattern Recognition.
          Are any KINDLE or NOOK chess books inter-active OR only a simple page print?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken MacDonald View Post

Are any KINDLE or NOOK chess books inter-active OR only a simple page print?
            If you want interactive books you should go to forwardchess.com. Kindle books are simply an electronic version of the print book.

Comment

As far as I can tell you can transfer a Kindle to someone else by deactivating it but you can't transfer titles to someone else. In the U.S. and UK but not Canada you can share titles with family members for some titles.

Do you have a link to a page that describes that step by step process?
              No link, just a conversation with customer service who said it was easy to transfer. I'll look into it expect a response in a couple of days

Comment

If you want interactive books you should go to forwardchess.com. Kindle books are simply an electronic version of the print book.
                Yes, there are no hyperlinks in the Kindle format, I am pretty sure. They are just books, to be read in the cloud through your browser, or also downloaded to portable kindle readers, about the size of a paperback book. In the early days of the kindle reader, there were problems representing chess fonts on some, but I expect these have been ironed out.

On another note, Vlad please make some room in your private inbox, I want to send you something.

Comment

Working...
                X