US Championships (Seniors, Juniors, Girls)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Championships (Seniors, Juniors, Girls)

I've been watching bits and pieces of the US Championships (seniors, juniors, girls) and there have been many remarkable moments. In the girls yesterday (round 7) the two top rated met. Carissa Yip and Alice Lee, what a game! Miss Alice played the amazing 14...Nxg4 and 24...Nxa4. Such deep calculation. I like my knights and use them well but I couldnt calculate correctly those two moves! - and then the game went into a chaotic endgame. I thought the white passed pawns were faster but Miss Alice kept up the pressure and white finally cracked. My hat is off to her and with 6 out of 7 Miss Alice leads the championship by a point with two rounds to go and Im certain she is going to win it.

Alice is 13 years old, amazing. We will hear from her for a long time.

Comment

Alice Lee ended up running away with the girls championship - 6 wins and 3 draws for 7.5 out of 9.

Comment

GM Mishra, who set the record for worlds youngest GM finally ended up winning the US Junior. I thought GM Brandon Jacobson would have some say but he was knocked off stride with his loss to GM Daggupati.

GM Khachiyan ended up dominating the seniors with +5 and no losses.

Comment

Working...
        X