CfC AGM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CfC AGM

If it is usually held on the Monday and Tuesday, that would make it July 14th and 15th.

Can anyone confirm precisely the details of the meeting, i.e., time and place, and, are non-Governors permitted to attend; are non-members permitted to attend? Who can speak and who can't? Can a non-member carry a proxy? Can a non-governor carry a proxy?

I would like to plan now for a short trip if I decide to go, but I need this information 1st.

Thanks!

Re: Annual CFC Meeting Dates, etc.

Hi Ken:

I attended last years CFC AGM as an observer and so can answer a few of your questions. As far as I know, anyone can attend, even non-members. Only Governors are allowed to participate. But last year the chair did recognize observers who put up their hands inquiring if they could speak. I don't know if a non-member can hold a proxy ( I doubt it, since they may have to make an independent vote if there is no instruction on a motion ), but last year observer CFC members who were not governors were asked to hold proxies, since Governors are only allowed to hold 3 proxies, I believe, and they needed to distribute some to non-governors.

Bob

Comment

Cfc Agm

I understand (from rumblings on the old board) that the outgoing portion of the CFC AGM has concluded ... is anyone able to post minutes of the meeting or at least a summary of anything that happened?

I guess it may be more important to have such a summary of the incoming side of the AGM... now, that might be interesting...
      Last edited by Kerry Liles; Monday, 21st July, 2008, 07:01 PM. Reason: I wasn't finished typing
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Re: Cfc Agm

Hi Kerry,

I might have posted a brief summary on our website, but when I got back to my hotel room after lunch, I saw that Larry had already posted a summary. Now I'm not sure, but the timing of his post may have even been prior to the meeting being adjourned !!! Well, pretty difficult to beat that.....

The actual minutes of the meeting will be in GL1.

Bob
        Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Tuesday, 22nd July, 2008, 12:28 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Can anyone explain Smith's ruling re. the 7 motions? I don't like posting on the new site but...

Comment

Thanks Bob... I wasn't sure who was there for the AGM. I would think that some brief notes about what did or didn't happen at the AGM would be far too important to leave until GL1... I know it is a particularly busy time but there are so many crucial items on the agenda that it is important for the membership to know as soon as possible.

I guess we have to check both boards in the meantime (what a PITA). Just don't tell me we have to check the Dark Board too.... :(
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

CfC AGM

What happened with the request for proposals? What's happening with the magazine?

Comment

Working...
              X