Support for Shawn Rodrigue Lemieux final GM norm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for Shawn Rodrigue Lemieux final GM norm

Shawn Rodrigue Lemieux with a draw in his game today will obtain his final GM norm! Lets hear it for support of Shawn!
    Go Shawn Go! Your fans are eagerly rooting for you!!

Go go go

This is a link to the game PGN if anyone needs it :)
    https://x2.fide.com/media/main/widge...10_v4tNYiX.pgn

The game can be viewed at https://grandswiss.fide.com/live-games/
    you'll need to scroll to the middle to get to the game.

The current position after 11 moves

Comment

I checked the live game just before the game ended... unfortunately Shawn R.L. ended up losing in a Q+P ending...
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Too bad for Shawn. I stopped watching after Stockfish announced mate in 35, which of course I had calculated myself. So I went off to rake leaves, with my wife's approval.

Comment

I think Shawn has another chance for a GM norm if he scores a draw in round 9. (today)

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
            I think Shawn has another chance for a GM norm if he scores a draw in round 9. (today)
            I think so too :) My and SwissManager calculations show that the norm would be secured with 1/2.

Comment

He drew in round 9.

Comment

Awesome news Hugh! The celebrating should start! Hearty congratulations Shawn!

Comment

Shawn has 4/9 against an average opposition of 2659. This is extraordinary for the young man. Is it true that this is good enough for the GM title, that would be awesome. He also had a couple of winning opportunities in games he drew or lost. Shawn has improved tremendously in the last couple of years and he is now one of the best player in Canada. He must have Eric Hansen in his lense.

Comment

GREAT NEWS! In honour of Shawn, tonight at the RA tournament, I will wear a shirt that I bought only because I saw him wearing it years ago. I suspected he would succeed, but this is SO FAST!

Comment

It would be great to have a special Shawn Supergrandmaster Shirt! What do you think?

Comment

Maybe people who lose to SRL could be eligible for a special club: Shorn by Shawn

T-shirt design, anyone?

Comment

I'll line up for that. It would be an honour to lose to Shawn!

Comment

Working...
                          X