Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swiss Manager guide

Hi all,

Just wanted to share the following one note that I've been working on. It contains guides (step by step) on how to use Swiss Manager and have some other related materials for arbiters / organizers.

Please see the link to the one note below:

Swiss Manager Guide

Please note that this is currently a work in progress and any suggestions are greatly appreciated. If anyone has any ideas for future guides, please let me know and I will do what I can to incorporate them in the future.

if there's any problems with the link to the one note, please let me know.

Some questions / suggestions / guides that have already been presented to me:

Translation for multiple languages (French, Spanish, etc)
    Does the link work with someone who does not have M365 (one note, or other Microsoft office suite products)?
    Compatibility with older versions of one note?
    How to generate a DGT link (the one that can be seen by everyone)?
    Thanks / Regards, Riley Khan
    National Chess Arbiter (Canada)
    ricool54321@hotmail.com

People might also find this useful:

https://spp.fide.com/wp-content/uplo...user-guide.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Riley Khan View Post
      lease note that this is currently a work in progress and any suggestions are greatly appreciated. If anyone has any ideas for future guides, please let me know and I will do what I can to incorporate them in the future.

Over the years I found that entering the serial number in Swissmanager was the hardest task - it was hidden quite deep in woods.

For the guide items:

* how to change pairings when someone did not come, someone joined, how to make manual pairings in advance.

When pairings are done - don't rush to click OK, go to pairings and check them. It is easier to Cancel at that moment than start over again after OK.

I don't see an item for the multi sectional tournament offsetting the table numbering.

Comment

Hi Riley,

This is great. Not just a SwissManager guide, but an overall Organizer / Arbiter list of things to check. All of us should have one, and it's a great guide for those wishing to start out.

Alex F.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post

Over the years I found that entering the serial number in Swissmanager was the hardest task - it was hidden quite deep in woods.

For the guide items:

* how to change pairings when someone did not come, someone joined, how to make manual pairings in advance.

When pairings are done - don't rush to click OK, go to pairings and check them. It is easier to Cancel at that moment than start over again after OK.

I don't see an item for the multi sectional tournament offsetting the table numbering.
          Hi Egidijus,

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll see what I can do to incorporate these items into guides in the future. I'll update this post when the items have been added to the one note. :)
          ricool54321@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post

For the guide items:

Hi Egidijus,

The guides have been added to the one note under the following headings / pages:

Splitting a tournament (this is how to create multiple sections in a Swiss Manager tournament)
            Board offsets
            Manual pairings
            Last edited by Riley Khan; Tuesday, 6th February, 2024, 10:34 AM.
            ricool54321@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
            X