Toronto clubs to visit during the Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, those tables aren't there any more. They may have been moved to city hall, or in storage, who knows.. There are many tables all around the city, most are unused. Including at least six that I have counted that have a dark square in the right hand corner.

Comment

Fred Henderson can you tell me which nights and what times you guys play please. I'm going to include you in the list.

Comment

Check the first couple of posts for info during your visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Olga Mushtaler View Post
          Fred Henderson can you tell me which nights and what times you guys play please. I'm going to include you in the list.
          There is always something going on. Every day. Usually there are a few regulars that show up early afternnon. Then action starts to pick up around 4PM with students and people getting off of work. and some good players that stick around till it gets dark. Often the actioan will go to the wee hours of the morning if the weather is nice. if the weather is warm. There are five tables, usually all are packed when the weather is good.

Point well taken about the rats, though. There are hordes of them in behind Osgoode Hall (surprise, surprise), but they usually don't venture across to the tables, unless they are hungry.
          Last edited by Fred Henderson; Saturday, 20th April, 2024, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Henderson View Post

There is always something going on. Every day. Usually there are a few regulars that show up early afternnon. Then action starts to pick up around 4PM with students and people getting off of work. and some good players that stick around till it gets dark. Often the actioan will go to the wee hours of the morning if the weather is nice. if the weather is warm. There are five tables, usually all are packed when the weather is good.

Point well taken about the rats, though. There are hordes of them in behind Osgoode Hall (surprise, surprise), but they usually don't venture across to the tables, unless they are hungry.
            Fred visited me early this week with a brand-new guitar in hand - I guess the Candidates are going to get a rock 'n roll farewell doo wop blast from the Hendy man! Or Nemo or Andrea a serenade.....

Comment

Yah, chess has taken a back seat recently. Maybe I sing them "White Rabbit"

Comment

Updated. I am always checking out if you guys are playing in Nathan Phillips when I'm downtown. Ceasar might be upset with me though as I asked him to stop talking while Hans Jung was playing the game in Trinity Bellwoods Park last time. Lol. Say hi to him and no hard feelings, but Ceasar was distracting.

Comment

I should hire you as my manager Olga, youre the best!

Comment

Working...
                  X