The Candidates....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Candidates....

Can you name all eight players in the Candidates without cheating? I can't. Back in the "good old days" it was never a problem naming the players in a Candidates tournament (or series of matches).

Naming is one thing but can you spell them correctly? (I had to practice)

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
      ... can you spell them correctly?
      t-h-e-m

(ba dum tsss)

Comment

Very good, Don!

Bob A (Still have my sense of humour at almost 79 y.o.)

Comment

https://en.chessbase.com/post/candid...st-impressions

Comment

The Indians are here! See what this guy thinks about Toronto. Can anyone pinpoint the location of the room where he is staying (above a barber shop and tattoo parlour)?

"After reaching Toronto in Canada, IM Sagar Shah settles in and shows you the official hotel and his room in the city. The Candidates tournament is just two days away and with this vlog we help you settle down in the city!"

Settling down in Toronto + checking official hotel + room tour | Candidates 2024 (youtube.com)

A prequel - arrival at the airport.

Reaching Canada and home away from home | The Candidates Vlog ft. Vidit Gujrathi - YouTube
            Last edited by Hugh Brodie; Wednesday, 3rd April, 2024, 11:23 AM.

Comment

https://en.chessbase.com/post/fide-c...ens-in-toronto

Comment

Rd1 Queens Gambit, Tarrasch Symmetrical, Ruy Lopez, Sicilian - all classic openings. Candidates has begun. Loving it!

Comment

Not to be outdone we have in the Women's Guico Piano, Ruy Lopez, Russian Defence (Petroffs) and Queens Gambit.

Comment

7 draws in 8 games... Canadian Zonal was more entertaining.

Comment

Rd 1 Pragga's 32....Ne5 defintiely the move of the round. Have a look and feel your jaw lower and your eyes pop as mine did. I don't think I have ever used my knight that way.

Comment

Nakamura got to play active defense - the kind he likes and is good at.

You have to admire Vidit's 17...Bg4. A nice try.

Comment

All games drawn. But still some very entertaining positions. Firoujza-Pragga foremost.

Comment

Lei-Tan Not sure what went wrong with White's defense but it sure went wrong.

Comment

Zhongyi Tan finds herself as the first winner of the candidates. That would be quite the bet to win.

Comment

Working...
                              X