Senior events 2024 - 2025

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    Click image for larger version Name:	Flag Canada.jpg Views:	0 Size:	11.3 KB ID:	234514

Another Canadian Senior to add to our list is Maurice Smith (90 y.o. this year).

He must not have played in a FIDE rated tournament in the last two years, because he used to have a FIDE rating.

He is VP of Scarborough CC in Toronto, and plays in all SCC club tournaments.

As a project, I am assembling a list of all the Canadian 80 + who are still active in the last 2 years (from July 1 back to July 1, 2022).

I now have 12 players tentatively (Have to decide about ones who are Canadian living abroad and/or playing under the Canadian flag, or,ones from abroad playing under the Canadian Federation).

If you have details of others, please post the info here (So long as the person does not consider it somehow a breach of privacy).

Bob A (80+ in 2025)
    I'm enjoying your invigorating actions on bringing life to this thread Bob. Your energy is remarkable looking forward to turning 80 next year. Who knows you may actually start a new category of senior over the age of 80.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Plotkin View Post
      World Team Senior 2024 - Krakow, Jul 1 - Jul 12, 2024.

World Senior 2024 - Porto Santo (Portugal) Nov 16 - Nov 29, 2024

World Team Senior 2025 - Prague, Feb 16 - Feb 27, 2025

https://fide.com/calendar
      Back to original post. World Team Senior - 2024 starts in 2 days in Krakow. Canada has 1 team in 50+ category. Cummings - Plotkin - Findlay - Barron.

https://chess-results.com/tnr944411.aspx?lan=1&art=8

According to the average rating, Canada is number 10 out of 32 teams. As usual, USA (with Akopian) and England (with Adams) are favorites. Top-6 teams get some prizes.

Comment

Hi Hans:

Thanks.

I am most fortunate, and grateful, that turning 79 y.o. next month, I still have reasonable cognition, strength and mobility........unfortunately, many my age do not.

I am therefore trying to make as much use of my good fortune as I can.

The "80+ Canadian Chess Player" project is an attempt to combat ageism, and to encourage other mega-seniors who are in decent condition still, to stay ACTIVE!

Bob A

Comment

Working...
        X