Monsters Blitz in Norway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsters Blitz in Norway

Looks like four players with a current matchup Nakamura 0 - 1 Carlsen. These guys are Monsters

Live games>>>>http://livechess.chessdom.com/site/

Re: Monsters Blitz in Norway

The event is sponsored by BNBank (Bank of Norway?) The Bank recently awarded Magnus Carlsen 4 million Norwegian Krone (about 750,000$Cdn) as a sponsorship to do well!:)

Comment

Monsters Blitz in Norway

The result shows Carlsen 0 Nakamura 1 on that website.

Comment

Different game! I assume this is a quad round-robin.
        Sometimes you eat the bear.
        Sometimes the bear eats you.

Comment

BN Blitz Oslo
          World Blitz Champion Carlsen 1 ICC Monster Nakamura 3
          At the Bullet Chess book launch in Vancouver, Nakamura said he was looking forward to playing Carlsen in London. The Oslo result adds to the tension!

Comment

As I understood there were live video of games. Any source for non-live of these videos?

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
              The event is sponsored by BNBank (Bank of Norway?) The Bank recently awarded Magnus Carlsen 4 million Norwegian Krone (about 750,000$Cdn) as a sponsorship to do well!:)
              Norway found oil and lots of it. From what I see, they manage it well. Norway has the second highest per capita income behind Luxembourg, unless that has now changed since 2007. Norway has some interests in our oil sands but the project was put on hold after the drop in the price of oil.

Here's an interesting 2 year old article from the Seattle Times. It's a contrast to how most other nations handle their oil wealth.

In my view, Canada is not a "nation" in the strictest sense and spirit of the term. We're a federation of provinces, where each province looks after it's own interests. The "Notwithstanding" clause quite clearly underlines their right to do it.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._norway20.html
              Gary Ruben
              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Thanks everyone! I was not particularly thrilled with my play in the final compared to the other 12 games I played before then. Nevertheless, it was good enough once I calmed down in the final 2 games.

Comment

Next year, the World Blitz Championship !!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Hikaru Nakamura View Post
                    Thanks everyone! I was not particularly thrilled with my play in the final compared to the other 12 games I played before then. Nevertheless, it was good enough once I calmed down in the final 2 games.
                    Congrats GM Nakamura! Hope u didn't spend all ur winnings last nite in celebration of your great victory over world's #1! Even Rybka was impressed at the level of play in those final two games, incredibly befitting regular or classical time control echelons; at what point did you conceptualize 27. d7!!!.
                    Must have knocked Magnus out of his chair! I don't think he'll ever play Grunfeld as black again!You were lucky in second game, or managed your time better, and Nimzo results were ok, but Magnus seems to have been eating everyone for breakfast with white Classical nimzo once he unwinds with 2B's, endgame or not.Mickey plays that as black religiously, well at least he is predictable, makes everyone's prep for London a little less arduouos. Best wishes for London tourney, could be festive anyways, .. oh and don't listen to any canuck patzers... Your Bullet Sudoku Master

Comment

I am but a simple person. Also, it is rather hard to party in Norway as the culture tends to be a bit more conservative than in the US or Canada. As such, no worries. Just in London now enjoying my tea and crumpets while I wait for the real tournament to begin. Cheers everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Hikaru Nakamura View Post
                        I am but a simple person. Also, it is rather hard to party in Norway as the culture tends to be a bit more conservative than in the US or Canada. As such, no worries. Just in London now enjoying my tea and crumpets while I wait for the real tournament to begin. Cheers everyone!
                        If there is someone to keep watch of next year, its gonna be you, Hikaru!!!

Impressive performance all year round, tournaments after tournaments! Very consistent !!!

Way to go Super GM Hikaru Nakamura!!! My challenge for you is to be one of the top 10 in the world and I believe you can do it!!! Cheers!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X