Originally posted by Carl Bilodeau View Post
    real science is the loser in the debate
    I love this :D

Comment

• Re: Communism

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
      I love this :D

What's to love?

We play a game where a slight error in the opening can lose the game. A bunch of patsers inundate us with junk science.

I'm starting to wonder if they even play chess.

Don't tell me the world is ending. Tell me how to make some money from it while I wait. :)
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
        We play a game where a slight error in the opening can lose the game. A bunch of patsers inundate us with junk science.
        I'm sad you think so little of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Seedhouse View Post
          I'm sad you think so little of yourself.
          If you think some washed up labour leader is going to pound his keyboard until the message board falls in line singing from the same hymn book, you are mistaken.

That's for the dues paying union members.
          Gary Ruben
          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
            If you think some washed up labour leader is going to pound his keyboard until the message board falls in line singing from the same hymn book, you are mistaken.
            If you think calling me names will cause me to stop expressing my opinions here on an opinion board, it is you who are mistaken.

If you think calling me "washed up" is a rational response then you are exposed thereby as a rather foolish person.

If you think calling me a "labour leader" is an insult you are mistaken. To the extent that I was, for a few decades, a very minor "labour leader", who occasionally managed to achieve mediocrity in that endeavor, that is a source of mild pride to me, not shame.

I have no expectation at all that those who hold irrational opinions, like yourself, will change them merely because I point out how and why they are wrong. But this does not bother me in the least, though apparently it bothers you that I will not change my mind in response to irrationality and continue, like yourself, to speak up when it pleases me to do so. Very odd, that.

For myself, it merely pleases me to refute some of the more egregious claims made here from time to time.

That's for the dues paying union members.
            Well, I paid dues for 33 years or so, and am now retired on the OAP, CPP, and a fairly decent Municipal plan which, perhaps because the Union has trustees on it's board, has managed to remain solvent even through the recent and continuing financial crisis. I am living reasonably well these days, and the Union even kept me on as an honorary retired member, entitled to attend it's meetings with voice, but not vote.

And if you think Union members move in lock step you obviously haven't attended many Union meetings!
            Last edited by Ed Seedhouse; Thursday, 24th December, 2009, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Seedhouse View Post
              If you think ...
              I think your writing all this under the subject heading of "communism" is interesting.
              Gary Ruben
              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Hi Gary:

The NDP knows that union members are not always on the left !

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                  Hi Gary:

The NDP knows that union members are not always on the left !

Bob
                  Hi Bob,

Probably the Stallone movie F.I.S.T. was a training film for union members. Have you ever watched the film? I saw it on TV years ago.

I went to a union meeting after the film had played on TV. It was a vote on a contract. I was sitting in the pews at the labour hall waiting for the voting part and reading my newspaper. The usual rhetoric was coming from the stage at the front of the room and the normal B.S. from those at the microphones.

I'd come to the conclusion there were those who would vote in favour of anything the company offered, those who voted based on the merits of the offer and those who only wanted to see the system break down.

Anyhow, I suddenly heard chanting. Looking up from my newspaper I was the only one sitting down. Everyone else was standing up chanting and it looked like a scene from the movie.

Regarding the NDP, of course they aren't always on the left. They seem to have no problem supporting Harpers policies to keep him in power. I don't think we should have any problem supporting Harper in the next election.

I can even tell you when the next election will take place. It will be when the Prime Minister decides to ask the governor general to call an election. One way or another it will be on his terms. The opposition appears too weak to force anything.
                  Gary Ruben
                  CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
                  X