chess ratings update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chess ratings update?

I'm sure this has been discussed many times before, but is there a certain time when ratings are updated? It seems like every time I check on Wednesday there is no update. If the time is really late in the day it should be advertised as Thursday for the updates, no? Maybe it's just me. Anyway I was just wondering..

Chess Ratings Updates Seemingly Posted As Promised!

Originally posted by Daryl Bertrand View Post
    I'm sure this has been discussed many times before, but is there a certain time when ratings are updated? It seems like every time I check on Wednesday there is no update. If the time is really late in the day it should be advertised as Thursday for the updates, no? Maybe it's just me. Anyway I was just wondering..
    For gosh' sake, give it a rest!

Comment

Re: chess ratings update?

What if it IS advertised as Thursday and they actually ARE posted late on Wednesday? Would you then complain that they were posted early? I realize some people are obsessed with their rating, but seriously...
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

I think Wednesday means Wednesday - whether that be 12:00 AM or 11:59 PM. They have a 24 hr. window in which to do it - allows them to make the deadline, even if things may be chaotic on a Wednesday and they have to do it late.

And they seem excellent at getting it done on Wednesday - I can't remember them recently being late.

Bob

Comment

We may have been better off in the good old days when the magazine came out every two months.

Comment

CFC Publications/Ratings

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
            We may have been better off in the good old days when the magazine came out every two months.
            Explain that comment please. It seems to be a non-sequitur and I am confused why it was made or even what it is all about.

Duh, a little while later, I just got the sarcasm! I am a little slow tonight.
            Last edited by Ken MacDonald; Wednesday, 16th December, 2009, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Yes, Mr.Bertrand, accuracy IS important re. timelines , especially at a chessboard, and so, if niggling, your question is valid .And you are improving,when most are not.. So ignore the peanut gallery below; they're most likely honorary/life CFC members, and so dont pay fees. You do, so go ahead and ask what you will. You may do this at chess.ca as well, though only your own echoes may be the only response. Another satisfied customer! Make sure you tell your friends about this wonderful experience. Seriously, though, good luck in your game vs GM Shirov; just don't let the patzers in the background, whom seem to have nothing better to do but chirp at you, affect your game. FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!

Comment

Daryl, when I was ED, the cutoff time to submit tournaments was noon on wednesday. We often had submissions near the deadline. Updates were usually done between 1pm and 3pm. But occasionally you would encounter a problem with a crosstable and/or a computer glitz, or accept one past the deadline, and occasionally the update would be in the early evening. Most players and TD's will not check ratings until the evening anyway. A strict exact time for the update is really not practical. You will encounter less frustration if you just wait until after dinner before checking it. Savour the anticipation!:)

We should thank Gerry for the great job he has done by continuing the weekly updates without fail. If the update is done late in the evening, that just meant that he stayed late to get it done. So, I wouldn't complain.

Well done Gerry!:)

Comment

I just checked the ratings (very early Thursday morning), and I do not readily see the results of the recent RA Autumn Frost? I assume that if Gerry had the input for that event, that he would have processed it? Does anyone know if the input was provided?

Eric started as TD, and Halldor covered for him a few times, so who was going to submit?

Thanks and regards.

Comment

Just as a brief sideline, congrats to you Mr.Marghetis for your newly earned FIDE title of FA. Some consolation for all your hard work? And to Mr. Bond, whom seems to be be the only one capable of covering Canada's butt, internationally. Hal, maybe you should move to mainstream politics to better contribute? U'd have my vote:)

Comment

Originally posted by David McTavish View Post
                      Just as a brief sideline, congrats to you Mr.Marghetis for your newly earned FIDE title of FA. Some consolation for all your hard work? And to Mr. Bond, whom seems to be be the only one capable of covering Canada's butt, internationally. Hal, maybe you should move to mainstream politics to better contribute? U'd have my vote:)
                      Hi David, thank you for the congrats! I do feel good about the FA, and it really is great for me to "get away" for the weekend every couple of months, and just "do chess"! :)

By the way, you mention Hal, and as an example of how great he is for Canadian chess, I can tell you that there's no way I could have made FA without his help. He is the man!

All the best, Aris.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
                        I just checked the ratings (very early Thursday morning), and I do not readily see the results of the recent RA Autumn Frost? I assume that if Gerry had the input for that event, that he would have processed it? Does anyone know if the input was provided?

Eric started as TD, and Halldor covered for him a few times, so who was going to submit?

Thanks and regards.
                        For anyone interested from the RA club, I spoke with both Eric and Halldor yesterday, and Eric will be submitting the ratings input for the RA Autumn Frost. I believe that he is targetting making next week's Wednesday deadline, but might have mis-heard that part.

Comment

As far as I can see, neither the Autumn Frost nor the National Capital Open have yet shown up in the ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Ritchie View Post
                            As far as I can see, neither the Autumn Frost nor the National Capital Open have yet shown up in the ratings.
                            Hi Gordon, when I type "Ritchie" at the CFC ratings webpage, then click "Gordon", the first event in your list is "2009 National Capital Open U2000". Are we at the same spot?

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
                              Hi Gordon, when I type "Ritchie" at the CFC ratings webpage, then click "Gordon", the first event in your list is "2009 National Capital Open U2000". Are we at the same spot?
                              I am also getting links posted at the EOCA tournaments webpage. I just sent the email request, and it should be done by tomorrow. Please advise if you still cannot see them.

Comment

Working...
                              X