$120,000 disappears into thin air and no questions asked!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Douglas Fir Committee

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    Hi Peter:

I think I am being accurate.

I was referring to your reply post to Steve Douglas' willingness to sit on a fact-assembling committee. You posted on the CFC Chess Forum:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan. 19, 2010, 10:48 AM
    Peter McKillop

Just a point of clarification (in case anyone gives a ****), I will not be participating in this project. I said, somewhere, that I would serve on a properly constituted and empowered committee. The job that you and Chris Mallon are talking about is simply the collecting of anecdotal information into one spot for easy reference (i.e. hopefully an improvement on what Bob Armstrong attempted elsewhere).
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was merely pointing out that you were unwilling to sit on a fact-assembling committee, as Steve seemed to be proposing ( which he thought, apparently, was something you would be interested in ). I was not saying you were unwilling to do something else.

It seems from his posts that Chris Mallon is not interested in forming the committee you propose. It is unclear to me whether Steve Douglas might be willing, since he committed only to sitting on a somewhat more limited committee.

Bob
    I think the "fact-assembling committee" should be called the Douglas Fir committee. One, to properly credit the creator of the committee. Two, fir people who can't see the trees from the forest. :)

Comment

• Re: Douglas Fir Committee

Originally posted by Duncan Smith View Post
      I think the "fact-assembling committee" should be called the Douglas Fir committee. One, to properly credit the creator of the committee. Two, fir people who can't see the trees from the forest. :)
      While there might be someone who finds your remark to be "witty" (I don't), would you mind explaining again exactly how you are *not* attacking me?

Again, please stop.

Steve

Comment

• Re: OCA/Trillium Grant Record - McKillop Participation

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong
        It seems there is no will to collect available information on the Trillium Grant, to create a record of events, to complement the OCA Action Committee Report, which was generally felt to fall far short of a good in-house investigative review. One of the prime movers in this issue, Peter McKillop has declared he is unwilling to become involved in such an exercise.
        Sorry to quibble, Bob, but in my opinion you were being inaccurate. You referred to me as being a prime mover in "this issue" without clarifying that by "this issue" you meant something other than the "available information" exercise you referred to in your note; i.e. you left people to think that I was a prime mover in the so-called available information exercise. I was not and am not. OK?
        Last edited by Peter McKillop; Thursday, 21st January, 2010, 11:58 PM.
        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Re: OCA/Trillium Grant Record - McKillop Participation

I agree not to quibble.

I fear your more elaborate committee proposal, though, has little actual support - ie. persons willing to commit to investing time and effort into it. You seem to have the will, but it seems others do not ( not sure where Steve Douglas stands after his last post ).

Bob

Comment

Working...
          X