The One and Only Climate Change thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The One and Only Climate Change thread...

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    How many seats in Parliament did her great performance win for her?
    None! :(

She made a bad decision last time to run against Peter McKay in Central Nova. Call it a rookie mistake. Hopefully she will be more pragmatic next time, and run in a seat where the Green Party has a fighting chance. There are a few ridings, where the Green Party would be competitive with the right candidate.:)

Just remember, the current Conservative government got it's start with one Reform seat won by Deborah Grey, oh so many years ago.
    Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Wednesday, 18th August, 2010, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Thank God global warming is all a hoax...
      http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...otes081810.DTL

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Beckwith View Post
        Define "neighbourhood" and "shopping mall" and "performance".

Remember that the lock will only work if you put in a key and turn it so that the deadbolt is extended into the wall. Please don't ask me to define "key".
        That's a strange definition request from a person who can split a degree on a thermometer, over a couple of hundred years, a thousand ways and draw a conclusion from the hair splitting.

Locks only stop honest people. I keep a big dog with a miserable disposition.
        Gary Ruben
        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
          There are a few ridings, where the Green Party would be competitive with the right candidate.:)
          Name one. Make it one where this mighty leader has a chance of winning.
          Gary Ruben
          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Lohner View Post
            Before climate gate I was in support of climate change being man made.

http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/show...?t=2175&page=2

Now I know that the 'science' is quite biased

how about 500 peer reviewed scientific papers that are skeptical?

http://www.populartechnology.net/200...upporting.html

rising ocean levels?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/c...ever-told.html

of course this is what can happen when the average 'joe' gets their hands on the raw data

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_G_-...layer_embedded

Of course how about that mann made hockey stick chart?

http://climatechange.thinkaboutit.eu...eer-reviewed/#

http://www.canada.com/national/natio...2-e95e19a8163e

http://www.uoguelph.ca/~rmckitri/research/Climate_L.pdf

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/12/0...-smoking-code/

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/11/2...he-real-story/
            Jason Lohner provided lots of links to original research that cast doubt on AGW theorists and the evidence was thoroughly ignored. AGW is very much a religion and not a science. Just look at the way that the AGW supporters are whistling past the graveyard on the topic of climategate.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Beckwith View Post
              Thank God global warming is all a hoax...
              We knew that a long time ago. HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                The mighty leader is not the right candidate.

Comment

In the 2008 general election, Green party chances were best in Vancouver area. There were two ridings with interesting 4 way races between Conservatives, Liberals, NDP, and Greens.

Green results:

Vancouver Centre 18.3%
                  West Vancouver Sunshine Coast 14.4%

Yes, we lost. But image the possible vote splitting with 4 contending parties. The infusion of a party leader may have sparked a public revolt against the establishment! :) It could have happened! :D

Next election, it will.
                  Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Wednesday, 18th August, 2010, 07:51 PM.

Comment

None! :(

She made a bad decision last time to run against Peter McKay in Central Nova. Call it a rookie mistake. Hopefully she will be more pragmatic next time, and run in a seat where the Green Party has a fighting chance. There are a few ridings, where the Green Party would be competitive with the right candidate.:)

Just remember, the current Conservative government got it's start with one Reform seat won by Deborah Grey, oh so many years ago.
                    Is that the extent of Green Party ambition? To get their leader elected?

Deborah Grey did manage to get elected which is more than we can say about Elizabeth May. Ms. May does not impress me and apparently hasn't impressed very many voters in any of the ridings that she has been parachuted into over the years.

Comment

Is that the extent of Green Party ambition? To get their leader elected?

Deborah Grey did manage to get elected which is more than we can say about Elizabeth May. Ms. May does not impress me and apparently hasn't impressed very many voters in any of the ridings that she has been parachuted into over the years.
                      I just explained that the Conservative government started with 1 reform MP and eventually became the government. How did you infer from that that getting the leader elected was the extent of their ambitions?

Comment

That's a strange definition request from a person who can split a degree on a thermometer, over a couple of hundred years, a thousand ways and draw a conclusion from the hair splitting.

Locks only stop honest people. I keep a big dog with a miserable disposition.
                        Once they went in through a second story window which was locked. Another time they went in through the balcony door which was locked and had a bar to prevent opening it by sliding it sideways. Apparently all you have to do is lift and push really hard at the bottom.

It is really amusing to see Paul ridicule the Harper government for telling it like it is. Unless there is insurance involved which requires a police report, most people don't bother reporting most crimes because it is a waste of time 99% of the time.

Comment

Lets do a thought experiment.

If the effects of AGW are real and as dire as has been suggested, then why is the response of the UN and politically acceptable "climate scientists" who agree that there is AGW and focus on the need to shuffle huge sums of money around (carbon trading) which they can naturally tap into. The response is long on shovelling money into their pockets and very short on actually reducing carbon emissions.

How much have European carbon emissions been reduced under their version of cap and trade? Hmmmmmm.... What? They have gone up? How can that be? Isn't the end of the world imminent?

Comment

Once they went in through a second story window which was locked. Another time they went in through the balcony door which was locked and had a bar to prevent opening it by sliding it sideways. Apparently all you have to do is lift and push really hard at the bottom.
                            Hmm...forget the locks. You should get a big miserable dog like Gary! :)

No, I don't mean Gary is a big miserable dog, I just mean take his advice. :D

Comment

Hmm...forget the locks. You should get a big miserable dog like Gary! :)

No, I don't mean Gary is a big miserable dog, I just mean take his advice. :D
                              Maybe if I stop playing chess so much. That big miserable dog would be rather lonely most weekends this year anyway. As I said it hasn't happened in about four years or more so the solution is to live in the suburbs and have good neighbors. Not everyone has that option.

Comment

Vlad,
                                No comment on this study?

Comment

Working...
                                X