Bermuda in Feb...Montreal in August :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bermuda in Feb...Montreal in August :)

Hi there Gordon Ritchie and all you other snowbirds :)

I know you are going to have an awesome time in Southampton, Bermuda in a few days (I will be with you next year...promise!)....while you are there, can you mention that the 2010 North American Youth Championship will be in Montreal from Aug 16 -18, 2010...this will be followed by the CMA 25th Anniversary Open Chess Festivel from Aug 20-22...and on the 19th of August we have blitz and double replacement tournaments! All this is happening in downtown Montreal!

Bermuda has the right to be represented by 1 player in each age category and in each gender category so.....

Under 8...Championship, Under 8...Girls

Under 10...Championship, Under 10...Girls

Under 12...Championship, Under 12...Girls

Under 14...Championship, Under 14...Girls

Under 16...Championship, Under 16...Girls

Under 18...Championship, Under 18...Girls

The Chess'n Math Association will pay for lodging for 7 nights (for the youngsters - 2 youngsters to a room, if a room is shared by a parent, the parent pays 50% of the cost of the room) if they play in both events.

If they play only in the North American Youth Championship, we will pay for lodging on the evenings of Aug 15-16 and 17.

Free entry fee in both events for these players.

We will pick them up at the airport and take them back at no charge (I must have been a taxi driver in a former life :).

They can contact me for more info at bevand@chess-math.org

Larry

Re: Bermuda in Feb...Montreal in August :)

I have already passed this info on to the organizers.
    Great stuff. Keep up your contribution to youth chess in Canada!

Comment

Thanks!

Don't get too much sun :)

Comment

Working...
      X