Does anyone know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know...

...what happened to Chessbase.com's online database? It was accessible through the 'games and tournaments' link but I don't see an icon for the database anymore.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Re: Does anyone know...

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
    ...what happened to Chessbase.com's online database? It was accessible through the 'games and tournaments' link but I don't see an icon for the database anymore.
    I was looking for that awhile ago. I think they took it down as they were no longer updating it.

Chesslab is still online. It's being updated and has 2010 games. I hope this helps.

http://www.chesslab.com/PositionSearch.html
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
      Apparently in CB 10 ...

"New in ChessBase 10.0: New integrated online database with millions of games, kept topical and up-to-date by ChessBase; split-second online search results (DSL)"

So, I am guessing access was removed on their website in order to offer it as a feature of their database software.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Sullivan View Post
        Apparently in CB 10 ...

"New in ChessBase 10.0: New integrated online database with millions of games, kept topical and up-to-date by ChessBase; split-second online search results (DSL)"

So, I am guessing access was removed on their website in order to offer it as a feature of their database software.
        It was available some weeks ago. Yes, there was message that it is no more updated and the best access is using ChessBase (I think Chessbase light too.)

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
          It was available some weeks ago.
          It became better!!! Check yourself: http://www.chesslive.de (wait when the applet starts)

It is possible to copy a positions FEN and paste it here. (however, it is not allowed to setup a starting position.)

Comment

I typed in my name and found a selection of recent games. The one game I picked to look at had a nonsensical series of moves - missing move 10 (for both sides) and ending a few moves later (the actual game lasted 57 moves).

Comment

Working...
            X