New kid on the block - Nikita Gusev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New kid on the block - Nikita Gusev

The new ratings update on the CFC ratings page today has the complete crosstable of the Guelph Pro-am. The best performance rating was that of Nikita Gusev age 13 or 14 -I Last saw him play at the Bayview club when he was 10. His performance in Guelph last weekend was an amazing 2660! This was based on the five games which included wins over GM Bator Sambuev and Arthur Calugar another junior skyrocket! By the way, the lad also drew his game with GM Sambuev in the last Hart house tournament a few weeks ago so this does not look like an accident.

Re: New kid on the block - Nikita Gusev

NM Nikita! Just take a look at the fantastic recovery at WYCC in Belfort.

Well done Nikita!
    ________
    Kids Depakote
    Last edited by Andrei Botez; Monday, 9th May, 2011, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Congrats Nikita!

I remember when he was younger, at the national/international youth events. Always a good sport - very friendly and respectful. His accomplishments are well deserved, and I hope to see more success in his future.

Comment

Yes, Nikita is a nice and polite boy. He played at Oriole for a few years. He always offered to share his snacks with other kids, and even adults!

Good luck to your future tournaments, Nikita.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
          Nikita Gusev & Arthur Calugar

Nikita on right side, Arthur on left.
          (2009 Hart House Holidays Open)

Comment

Here is Nikita in 2008 in our game at the Oriole Chess club. Photo taken by his father. Eversince Nikita has been under my radar and was delighted that he beat a GM at a young age. Together with WIM Yunaling, FM sapozhnikov, NM Calugar, Pavel Rakov, they represent the new and future breed of Canadian masters.
            Last edited by Erwin Casareno; Saturday, 13th February, 2010, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X