A. B. Boxer from Winnipeg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A. B. Boxer from Winnipeg?

Around 1982, there was mention in Winter's Chess Notes of this person who owned a complete run of BCM. I am always curious about chess publication collectors. Can anyone tell me if they know/knew him/her? Or anything about him/her?

Re: A. B. Boxer from Winnipeg?

This must be the Winnipeg chess legend Alburt Boxer who I had the honour and great pleasure in meeting once. He was one of the best coffeehouse chessplayers in Winnipeg (Canada's answer to the great Soviet(Lithuanian) speed player Chepukaitis). Hopefully someone from Winnipeg will respond with a more detailed description. Volumes could be written by someone who knew him well.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
      Around 1982, there was mention in Winter's Chess Notes of this person who owned a complete run of BCM. I am always curious about chess publication collectors. Can anyone tell me if they know/knew him/her? Or anything about him/her?
      My friend Alburt. Actually, he was everyone's friend. A good natured kibbitzer. I recall him as being middle aged when I was a junior. A fun evening at the club was any evening he came.
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
        My friend Alburt. Actually, he was everyone's friend. A good natured kibbitzer. I recall him as being middle aged when I was a junior. A fun evening at the club was any evening he came.
        http://www.passagesmb.com/obituary_d...m?ObitID=95344

Comment

Thank You!

Thank You!

Comment

Thanks for posting that, Tony.
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
            X