• Show
Clear All

Re: Inter-City Matches?!

Originally posted by Lee Hendon View Post
    In the mid 90's Southern Ontario we had the Friendship Chess League
    Brantford, Kitichener, Waterloo, London, Burford, missing one other club
    We had decided on 4 board average of about 1800 or so
    That was great fun
    There was the long running annual match between Winnipeg and Minneapolis, Minnesota. It went on for decades and maybe still does. I played a couple of times in Bemidji, which was a resort town about half way. Back then I was still a junior at least once, as I recall. Yanofsky used to play as well. Minnesota had a decent master or expert, I forget which and also I forget his name but someone will probably recall. I think he had Abe's number as he had a lifetime 1 win and something like 8 draws against Abe.

There was also the Scarborough - Indianapolis Peace games which went on for awhile and maybe someone knows what happened to that event. One year it was in Scarborough and one year in Indianapolis. I played 2 times. Both times in Scarborough. We put up our opposite for the weekend. If I played board 4 then I put up board 4 for the weekend.
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

I believe BC has (had) a match going with Washington. I'm sure Stephen Wright could fill in the blanks.

Comment

See B.C. Chess History, click on "B.C. versus Washington" on the sidebar.

Gary: probably Curt Brasket is the player you are thinking of.

Comment

Working...
        X